American Diggers Ric Savage new season tonight

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
shy town cops gave him a good going over --lol a big knife !!! you don't know chicago regs very well do ya?--as in no straight blade or folding knifes with a blade over so long --he he he

and the part where he shows up in a NY city shop with a non permitted but still usible "found" hand gun , he dug up ? --guess he never heard of the sullivan act either -- 1 year in prison for just having any 'unregistered" non permitted handgun including that one in NYC --and he filmed himself in the act of selling it --lol -talking about making their case for the cops and DA . --gees oh petes.

Last edited:

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha savage is detecting in the addams families yard..

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just watched the two new episodes with his family and two of maybe last years episodes with the old crew. In my opinion they were all pretty sad, especially the new stuff. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't care for it. Sort of a heavy hand when digging and antique store people that have a lot more money to pay him than I would have spent...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I need to sell my stuff where he does! I can't (and still don't) believe he's actually getting that kind of money for the cr*p he's digging up. There again, Hollyweird rears it's ugly head and has us believe he knows exactly what he finds as soon as he digs it up. Yeah, right, he's an antique expert in all fields. It cracks me up that he can tell just by a beep, what is under the ground before he digs it up. Did you guys see the way he swings his coil? Like a pendulum. And is it my imagination or has he put on even more weight? We don't see him squat, and then try to get back up......thank god. Probably has a crew member help him. Have these guys ever cut a clean plug? The way they wail away with the shovels, it's a wonder they don't do more damage to the targets. I think he needs a better spiel too.....talking about digging right off the bat isn't making friends of the landowners. Maybe hiring a pretty young woman to get permission would help, because he sure does get his share of "NO's"....they're more entertaining than the recoveries!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who was it said, "You don't need TV if you got a TV Guide!"?
Well, you guys just beat that! LOL! I am now grateful I quit watching tv years ago and then never cared for ANY reality tv anything to begin with. But YOU guys! LOL! Thanks for that. Your commentary, I am sure, was far better than the show! Please keep it coming......
I almost sprayed the screen! rawr

blackbeard81

Dec 8, 2012
Dillsburg Pa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's my question can a whites metal detector pick up an object that's buried 5 to 6 feet down?because it seemed a little ridiculous that the civil war items he found were that deep.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fat guy is a total jerk and the whole show is a fake bunch of malarkey!! There is no way they actually find some of the things they claim to, and no way they actually get the prices they claim to. The so-called buyers are in on it (the fakery) and the whole thing puts metal detector users and relic hunters in a bad light. Enough to gag a maggot!!

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
$500 for a leech box lol

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not sure when they changed the show's name.....

Hello Keppy,

I think they changed the name after American Digger magazine filed suit: 'American Digger' Lawsuit: Magazine Suing Over Spike TV Show

220px-Ric_Savage.jpg

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
avatar1014_2.gif ......" BOOM BABY " ...... avatar97684_1.gif.jpeg

Last edited:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind alittle entertainment.... glad these shows are on, hopefully it attracts people too the hobby. :occasion14:

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe I actually gave that show another chance!!! I can't even look at myself in the mirror. Where can I get a refund for that hour of my life??

Carla705

Jan 27, 2013
Santa Rosa, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all of the comments on the forum about this show, I decided to take a look.
Very happy that I recorded it instead of watching it 'live'.

My Opinion: I've have not yet started hunting yet, as I am awaiting my tax refund to purchase my equipment. But Geez that guy and his family are abrasive.
I was astounded to see the aggressiveness with which they attacked a dig. Can't say that I believe the selling prices etc...but I don't really know. I'm not going to pursue this for some financial reward, but just to satisfy my curiousity about what's under the beep.

Also, watch the Diggers show. Enjoyed that one more that Savage. However, their 'lingo' is really annoying. Even though they show a value for items, at least you can see that money is not their driving force. But really, is that how ya'all talk?:laughing7:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched both new shows. I'm smelling Emmy.

Archeillogical

Greenie
Feb 7, 2013
Shelbyville, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newby's first post. Thanks for the site. Spike TV needs to buy these folks a few pinpointers. Waving a handful of dirt in front of a coil asking his brother, "do you hear anything" is lame! I doubt my detector would pick up a surgical tool 5 feet down, and even then I wouldn't dig it.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought so too, but Butch Holcolme has told me the story and according to him they had to take action against them to stop them from using their name. I was one of the ones who jumped on the bandwagon and accused AMERICAN DIGGER MAGAZINE for jumping ship and saving face but I have never know Butch to lie to anyone, he is a stand up guy. So I thought Rick Savage had permission also but I was wrong and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread