Anyone ever have any paranormal events happen to them while Detecting?

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:blackbeard:

I just wrote about a encounter I had in Crows Nest in Stafford,Virginia in the mid 90s and early 2000s before the county and DCR bought the property. If anyone is not know about Crow's Nest it is where Pocahontas was kidnapped and brought to Jamestown,Virginia it is also a place where the Battle Of Aquia Creek was and to this day you can still see several cannon pits along the Potomac Creek and river and a cannon pit in the swamp which I found and am credited for finding which is in the swamp land and where the confederates retreated during the Battle Of Aquia Creek and several confederate artifacts were found in the late 1990s and 2000-2001 time frame.

If anyone is got any paranormal events happen to them let me know, this is the only one for me and still makes me shiver.

Here is a-little article I wrote about my encounter in that god forsaken swamp in a part of Crows Nest The Hissing of Crows Nest StaffordVirginia swamp..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It surely would be a great "Twi-Light Zone" episode.... :laughing7:

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only paranormal experience I usually have is all those gold rings magically turn into pulltabs right before I dig them up. :laughing7:

cmlolly

Jul 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hutsitedigger.. i know this is going to sound really strange but I experienced exactly what you are talking about... i grew up right off brooke road about 2 miles from the aquia landing beach... On july 26th 2013 my boyfriend and I decided to jump over the park rail at nigh and head down to the beach (making that long walk from the gate in the dark) we hung out on the beach for about 1 hr and as we were walking back in the pitch black.. we were approached by and unseen. 'Animal' that made a deep growl/hissing sound at us... i went into a deep panic.. my boyfriend who is an avid duck hunter and marine made a noise back at this unknown creature ..The creature sounded big as it jumped back into the swamp... to this day we still talk about that night and wonder what it was that we encountered. . I still get chills when I think about it... i am 25 years old and like I said my boyfriend is a marine and duck hunter so we aren't some teenagers that would exaggerate something like this... In fact... i got so scared thinking back on this night that I decided to Google animals that live in the crows next hoping to find an answer or get closure. ..and stumbled upon this post.. it gave me chills and I created an account just so I could respond to you.. my boyfriend believes due to the sound it made.its movements. .etc.. that it isn't an animal if so.. not one that would live in this habit

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing so far, but I'm about the weirdest thing out there while detecting!
So that's what happens to all the gold rings I don't find, thanks for solving that mystery OldNBroken!

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only run into hippies growing pot out in the woods while am going from one cellar hole to the next.
At first I thought they were big foot!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a ghostly experience a few miles south of the Shiloh Battlefield while digging c.w. relics at a hospital site. My friends were down the hill , I was alone , hunting around the old foundation of a home which had become a hospital. One brick fireplace still stood, This was near Michie Tennessee. On the civil war maps , it is called " Mickey's" and was about a half mile from " Fallen Timbers" the famous location where N.B. Forrest was nearly killed during the retreat. When we got permission that morning , the owners said the place was haunted as hell. I tried not to laugh as they told us all the occurrences there such as tiny balls of light floating around at night.
This was a site where thousands died after the battle as it was a cross road where the armies were stalled and backed up in their retreat to Corrith 22 miles away. I had voices and whispers in my headphones. Talking but could not hear words. Sunday night back home in Chattanooga , 200 miles away , I jumped a foot high when I heard the whisper in my ear once. Never heard it again. apparently the spirit must of liked me because it rode all the way to east tennessee in a rough bumpy old FJ40 Landcruiser. After that Sunday night , I never heard the voice again,

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen, heard or felt anything "paranormal" in my life. I truly want to believe there are ghosts but have yet to experience anything that would confirm it.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had some creepy outings but I only have one that I actually have some proof of. If you've watched the ghost hunter shows you've seen them running around with recorders to catch audio of ghosts speaking to them. It happened that I picked up someone talking where there was absolutely no one but me around.

It was about 10 years ago I was taking my SD2100 for a nature walk in a fairly remote area north east of Oracle AZ. At the time I was making records of target signals while prospecting some old placer diggings. I'd been doing this for about a year and was logging my finds~ mostly bullets~ and listening to the recordings when I got home in an effort to train my ear for only the good stuff *a wasted effort btw.... pi's are pi's sigh*. That trip, like most, I also made short video's of the area's I was in just for grins and giggles. It was a nature walk and my only reward was some good scenery and a dozen slugs. But hey, I had fun and got back home in one piece.

The next day I sat down with my recordings, just a cheap cassette dictation recorder, and got a pretty good chill. As I listened to my target I got a very distinct male voice coming across my record. The voice said several things~ none of which I could make out~ for about 15 seconds then it was silence till I started talking about the target~ another bullet~ and at that time I also made one of my video's. As I sat there I knew I was Absolutely alone out there~ I checked my video and confirmed it as well. No other vehicles, no people, no aircraft and I was a long way from any possible sources of radio transmission in my opinion.

Now I'm not completely convinced it was a ghost mind you~ there are ways that electronic devices can pick up radio transmissions and make them audible~ but the freak factor was, and is still, pretty high for that experience. I posted the experience to a prospecting forum I was active in at the time and quite a few enjoyed the thrill as well. No I didn't go back there.... nothing but bullets for the day.

Anything is possible.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had encounters while detecting, but at the house is a different story.The house was built in the mid 1700s by the army. Its all brick with the hewen trees for support. We have had people go by the house and see people sitting at the window up stairs when nobody is home. Some people who go upstairs have their hair stand up. At dinner one night, 6 of us were sitting there and a friend made a remark about how my wife takes care of her dogs. His picture, which had hung on the wall for over a year flew off the wall, around a corner, and into another room. This has happened twice, and now he keeps his mouth shut. The dinner guests were shocked, and it was the topic of discussion for months after. My stepson and his girl friend were staying up stairs, and they were engaged to be married. He would get home around midnight from his shift, and his girl friend got home 15 minutes earlier. This particular night we heard screeming coming from their room, ran upstairs, and it took 3 of us to force their door open, and there were no locks on the door. My stepson was being held down in the bed ( he was almost covered by the mattress coming up around him ) and his girl friend was just screeming. After we entered, my son was able to get up, and his girl friend left and never came back. A few minutes later he got a phone call from a guy who told him he had been dating his girl friend for weeks and wanted to know why he was still engaged to her. We always figured that this was the only way our friendly ghost could help us. All true. We were also checked by a Chicago based company that checks for spirits, and they said our house is loaded. They took pictures and the orbs are everywhere. Oh well, they are on our side and friendly so we welcome them. Sorry for ranting on so long.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I got abducted by aliens once while MDing. Does that count?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While exploring a cave behind my home last summer and using a Go-Pro camera my buddy discovered this image while viewing the video later. This image is NOT a sculptor at all. It is only a "shadow" caught while filming. In fact there is NOTHING there at all... but yet here it is...??? You can see a right eye, right cheek, mouth, hair line, ear, chin and other features. This image was "captured" by a squared up mud mound very deep in a TN. cave last summer. There's a tunnel going back further behind the mound but the mound would have to be destroyed to advance further for exploration.

Attachments

• S6302854.JPG
    S6302854.JPG
    655.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Cave Pictures 2.jpg
    Cave Pictures 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 104

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
there is always the possibility of a ham radio operator nearby. There is a term called " stray RF" where the ham radio signal interferes with house hold items. I used to run my neighbors garage door up and down and turn on and off another neighbors " touch' Lamps and I had a ham friend who radio signals came in on all sorts of devices including a neighbor hearing talking out of his toaster !!!!!! LOL

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had some creepy outings but I only have one that I actually have some proof of. If you've watched the ghost hunter shows you've seen them running around with recorders to catch audio of ghosts speaking to them. It happened that I picked up someone talking where there was absolutely no one but me around.

It was about 10 years ago I was taking my SD2100 for a nature walk in a fairly remote area north east of Oracle AZ. At the time I was making records of target signals while prospecting some old placer diggings. I'd been doing this for about a year and was logging my finds~ mostly bullets~ and listening to the recordings when I got home in an effort to train my ear for only the good stuff *a wasted effort btw.... pi's are pi's sigh*. That trip, like most, I also made short video's of the area's I was in just for grins and giggles. It was a nature walk and my only reward was some good scenery and a dozen slugs. But hey, I had fun and got back home in one piece.

The next day I sat down with my recordings, just a cheap cassette dictation recorder, and got a pretty good chill. As I listened to my target I got a very distinct male voice coming across my record. The voice said several things~ none of which I could make out~ for about 15 seconds then it was silence till I started talking about the target~ another bullet~ and at that time I also made one of my video's. As I sat there I knew I was Absolutely alone out there~ I checked my video and confirmed it as well. No other vehicles, no people, no aircraft and I was a long way from any possible sources of radio transmission in my opinion.

Now I'm not completely convinced it was a ghost mind you~ there are ways that electronic devices can pick up radio transmissions and make them audible~ but the freak factor was, and is still, pretty high for that experience. I posted the experience to a prospecting forum I was active in at the time and quite a few enjoyed the thrill as well. No I didn't go back there.... nothing but bullets for the day.

Anything is possible.

EVP...electronic voice phenomenom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread