savage family diggers. new name same crappy garbage

debi712

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Television IS entertainment only, shows not made to compare your own life experiences to.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keppy I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, threw up, then stopped watching. I've said this once and I'll say it again, these are reanactments of what he claims he has found in the past, he swings his detector like he's trying to kill a snake. So yes I watched, threw up, then turned off to NEVER WATCH AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All these reality shows are only tv shows and they are just for entertainment ........ None of them put out the truth ..Storage...Auctions ... Detecting .... and any one you can think of...... So i don't understand how every one can get so up set over a tv show.......... Like one on here said if you don't like a show don't watch it... your TV has a knob on it to change channels.............. But some of you get your selves so worked up over a tv show . why.. it makes no sense to me ..WHY.....

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keppy I have lost 2 sites because of this show, the people thought I would ruin their yard, bring in a backhoe without telling them, or find a million dollars. And they both said "I watch that big guy on the detector show and I don't agree with it".... I hunt antebellum homes from the 1700-1800 s and they don't want their yard looking like Rick savage has been there. So it has personally affected me, that's one reason I don't like it, the second is its just a horrible show.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poo.jpg

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet no one here could watch all 10 minutes of this........

Can't wait for the remix!

:laughing7:

Sorry for any pain I have caused.

:icon_pale:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bottom line is it will still be on the air. No mater how much everyone *****es and moans about it. And no matter how many e mails are sent. Unfortunately the people who like it far outnumber the people that do not. People that metal detect arent exactly a majority. Basically, if you dont like it, dont watch it, if you like it, watch it, if you dont like it but like to see what they "find" watch it. Its not going anywhere until Spike TV is done with it. How many of you sent e mails when it first came out? Im guessing a lot. Its still there folks. Its not going anywhere.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I normally dont chime in on threads like this.My opinion wont help or hurt.wont sway anyone.I did see some comments that struck a nerve and thought I would address them.

1)archeologists hate md'ers....not universally true.My life long buddy is one.works for a university near here.He has gone out with me and swung my wifes machine many trips and we have talked about it.Most metal objects have a limited time frame for existance in the wild.He says his colleauges get this and but for a few jerks hunting where they have no buisness even tresspassing they have no problem with us.even use some of,"us"to help,"them"
2)I find it difficult to believe that any large number of the general public believes any reality show is real.Thats all I ever hear...how fake it all is.storage wars did an episode in my little mountain town.we all know the owner...everyone heard how the units were seeded before it even got aired.absolutely no one was surprised.
3)our sport is in danger of being wiped out by legislation....hogwash.areas will be and are.yet we continue on.ever fly over this country?its friggin huge.If you cant find a place to get permission....run an ad.I did,twice,and got some great leads and three estate hunts.be creative.hunt for a hunt.

in closing I would say let the fat wrestler do his thing,feed his family,pay his bills.good for him to pull off the hoax....after all he is just an entertainer.Dont care if digger dudes do backflips....they havent changed one iota from their utube vids from years ago...that really is them or at least their entertainment personas when they tried to sell their hunt videos.

lets face it....to nearly everyone else our hobby is the most boring thing they can imagine,just take a few friends with you.These shows wont last forever but they do contribute to the sale of md equipment.cool.I'll pick up my next machine at a yard sale for dimes on the dollar.just upgraded my wife to an ace 250 from a yardsale sat.guy got it on a whim,saw a show,went out and didnt find anything but junk.I paid 100 bucks.
all good gang !!!!!happy hunting
pat

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The bottom line is it will still be on the air. No mater how much everyone *****es and moans about it. And no matter how many e mails are sent. Unfortunately the people who like it far outnumber the people that do not. People that metal detect arent exactly a majority. Basically, if you dont like it, dont watch it, if you like it, watch it, if you dont like it but like to see what they "find" watch it. Its not going anywhere until Spike TV is done with it. How many of you sent e mails when it first came out? Im guessing a lot. Its still there folks. Its not going anywhere.
... very true....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I normally dont chime in on threads like this.My opinion wont help or hurt.wont sway anyone.I did see some comments that struck a nerve and thought I would address them.

1)archeologists hate md'ers....not universally true.My life long buddy is one.works for a university near here.He has gone out with me and swung my wifes machine many trips and we have talked about it.Most metal objects have a limited time frame for existance in the wild.He says his colleauges get this and but for a few jerks hunting where they have no buisness even tresspassing they have no problem with us.even use some of,"us"to help,"them"
2)I find it difficult to believe that any large number of the general public believes any reality show is real.Thats all I ever hear...how fake it all is.storage wars did an episode in my little mountain town.we all know the owner...everyone heard how the units were seeded before it even got aired.absolutely no one was surprised.
3)our sport is in danger of being wiped out by legislation....hogwash.areas will be and are.yet we continue on.ever fly over this country?its friggin huge.If you cant find a place to get permission....run an ad.I did,twice,and got some great leads and three estate hunts.be creative.hunt for a hunt.

in closing I would say let the fat wrestler do his thing,feed his family,pay his bills.good for him to pull off the hoax....after all he is just an entertainer.Dont care if digger dudes do backflips....they havent changed one iota from their utube vids from years ago...that really is them or at least their entertainment personas when they tried to sell their hunt videos.

lets face it....to nearly everyone else our hobby is the most boring thing they can imagine,just take a few friends with you.These shows wont last forever but they do contribute to the sale of md equipment.cool.I'll pick up my next machine at a yard sale for dimes on the dollar.just upgraded my wife to an ace 250 from a yardsale sat.guy got it on a whim,saw a show,went out and didnt find anything but junk.I paid 100 bucks.
pat
Also very true.... I see we are not all flakey on tnet.... They get so worked up on here.. over nothing ..... well a tv show like i said over nothing..

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These shows wont last forever but they do contribute to the sale of md equipment.cool.I'll pick up my next machine at a yard sale for dimes on the dollar.just upgraded my wife to an ace 250 from a yardsale sat.guy got it on a whim,saw a show,went out and didnt find anything but junk.I paid 100 bucks.
pat

The first page of any MD operating manual should say this in bold-print, "YOU WILL DIG JUNK. GET OVER IT."

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rick Savage is a stupid Xprofessional wrestling dope.

Someone forward this too him if you can. I challenge him to a detector fight and I will wrap my coil around his fat head and have him screaming "clad clad clad!" as it is all his dopey staged fake-finds show is.

What's funnier is that we make it a point NOT to patronize his sponsors, and even non-detectorists do this, and also laugh at him.

Rick Savage = a dope

and reality will show it over and over to his son and family...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread