savage family diggers. new name same crappy garbage

Keith Duff

Jan 16, 2013
Allentown, PA
Detector(s) used
Pilot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXACTLY! I think the scripting is the worst problem. Seeing the items is ok...after that it's useless to anyone.

OP
OP
G

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah and if that isnt cheezy enuf.they threw inn a ghostchasers type episode w a haunted house

PUH..........LEEEEEEEEZE

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You all must like it you watch it......... I watch it some i like..... Some i don't....This is for you all..." BOOM BABY "......

Patfoundit

May 13, 2011
Shelbyville,KY
I did the same thing as I did last year. I sent Spike TV and email and politely let them know what I thought of the show. Please feel free to do the same [email protected] It's just like everything else, If all we do is sit around and complain about it them nothing gets done, I don't want this clown mucking up a great hobby and family activity. I sent emails to a few other people because I like what I carry in my holster and don't want it mucked up either.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I did the same thing as I did last year. I sent Spike TV and email and politely let them know what I thought of the show. Please feel free to do the same [email protected] It's just like everything else, If all we do is sit around and complain about it them nothing gets done, I don't want this clown mucking up a great hobby and family activity. I sent emails to a few other people because I like what I carry in my holster and don't want it mucked up either.
Well here is how i look at things like that................ To me it comes down to .... If i like guns every one should like guns......... If i don't like guns no one should own one..................... So if there is aTV show on that i don't like no one should like it ... So it should be taken off the air............... Or if i like that TV show your crazy if you don't like it every one should like it................ I see that so much in the forums..... If we all just live & let live.... And not try to push our ideas on every one else.... Things would turn out a lot better............... And for the most part work out fine.................... And all you that emailed these TV networks are just trouble makers..... Like i said ...LIVE & LET LIVE..BUTT OUT.....​ It is not that i like the show but if some one else likes the show why should i try and shut it down..........

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here is how i look at things like that................ To me it comes down to .... If i like guns every one should like guns......... If i don't like guns no one should own one..................... So if there is aTV show on that i don't like no one should like it ... So it should be taken off the air............... Or if i like that TV show your crazy if you don't like it every one should like it................ I see that so much in the forums..... If we all just live & let live.... And not try to push our ideas on every one else.... Things would turn out a lot better............... And for the most part work out fine.................... And all you that emailed these TV networks are just trouble makers..... Like i said ...LIVE & LET LIVE..BUTT OUT.....​ It is not that i like the show but if some one else likes the show why should i try and shut it down..........
WELL im a troublemaker then because i just emailed them. saying how their show hurts my hobby.
its not really about if u like show or not. tis a fact that archies will use for ammunition to hurt
MD. like it or not since the host is a loudmouth slob. it becomes the THers perceived persona since he s the only
THer regularly seen on tv. and for digging he uses big shovels, heavy equipment and even explosives.
try cvincing someone ur no going to leave a mess after they have seen his show.
THers regulaly donate to charity. these clowns state were after big bucks.
i watch to be informed and so to try convince people like u why its bad

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wish for humanity that television didn't have such a governing force.
Let's face it it. The whole antiques and collectables market has been destroyed by T.V. and many other hobbies I'm sure.
I don't have a problem with these shows because I don't watch T.V.
You can write letters to the show and complain. I don't have an issue with that.
But for me, that would be like writing to Wal-Mart and telling them to stop importing cheap Chinese made crap, when I've already completely boycotted the store for 15 years now.
Or like complaining to Rotten Ronnies to stop selling dog food to humans when I haven't ate there for decades.
I'm no saint. I still put gas in my car and smoke cigarettes.
But I refuse to pollute my brain with the garbage they spew all over that television set.
That being said, I guess I'll get ready for the Superbowl party that I'm going to.:tongue3:
Cheers,
Dave.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

reallycrazy.gif reallycrazy.gif

I guess you have never heard of freedom of speech or in an easier to understand term....an opinion.You stated yours as can anyone.Maybe not eveyone believes in "Live and let live".A forum is for stating information and opinions which explains why you "see so much in the forums". If these things upset you maybe you should disconnect your internet.:dontknow: Just my OPINION

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 735245 View attachment 735245

I guess you have never heard of freedom of speech or in an easier to understand term....an opinion.You stated yours as can anyone.Maybe not eveyone believes in "Live and let live".A forum is for stating information and opinions which explains why you "see so much in the forums". If these things upset you maybe you should disconnect your internet.:dontknow: Just my OPINION
..I stated my opinion and it sure did rub you the wrong way..... Now because you don't like my opinion you want me off Tnet.......NO You want me off the internet..:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing7: ... Sorry you lost i will be here for a long time yet... Live with it..... HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF FREEDOM OF SPEACH....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, there sure is a lot pots calling the kettle black here. I find it funny that someone screaming about posting opinions is suggesting others leave because of their opinions. I think you missed the point of Keppy's post. "live and let live".

Jeeze, I feel like I woke up in an alternate universe sometime last year. Keppy and I used to go at each other, and now it seems like all I do it agree with him.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I really wish for humanity that television didn't have such a governing force.
Let's face it it. The whole antiques and collectables market has been destroyed by T.V. and many other hobbies I'm sure.
I don't have a problem with these shows because I don't watch T.V.
You can write letters to the show and complain. I don't have an issue with that.
But for me, that would be like writing to Wal-Mart and telling them to stop importing cheap Chinese made crap, when I've already completely boycotted the store for 15 years now.

Dave.
.... Muddyhandz.... You are so right about how all of these reality shows has destroyed every thing.... For what we all do... So if that is what a lot say .. Why do some say they like this show but not this other one...... They all hurt us no matter if one is a little better than the other one it still hurts us all...... Detector shows.. storage locker shows.... pawn shows ... auction shows.... plus the ones on PBS Tv....... So how can ones say i like this show ........But this other show like it hurts us....... So you hit it on the nose there Muddy.......

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, there sure is a lot pots calling the kettle black here. I find it funny that someone screaming about posting opinions is suggesting others leave because of their opinions. I think you missed the point of Keppy's post. "live and let live".

Jeeze, I feel like I woke up in an alternate universe sometime last year. Keppy and I used to go at each other, and now it seems like all I do it agree with him.
:icon_thumright:..... Could be we both changed a little.....:occasion14:

OP
OP
G

ghost of scrounger

Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keppy ,u dont seem to understand me. people who see said show will form a negative opinion of metal detecting.,

every day new areas are being declared off limits to detecing. u may not care now.but u will when it hits ur

personal hunting area. the only way to prevent future closings is to educate the public properly.

of course a tv showing the good we often do is not ver sexy.

also your totally wrong saying all these shows are the same in hurting

treasure hunting. shows like antiques roadshow.and pawn stars. are actually classy

well produced shows. sure they may cut down on profits from those who sell on

ebay but there is no danger of antique hunting becoming illegal.

storage locker shows may have hurt profits for those in said game but again we will

still have locker auctions anyway. the metal detecting and goldfinding shows

are different because if public opinion can be swayed .vested intersts and government

entities want to shut it down fully. and they trying to do the same to gun ownerswhip

Last edited:

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rick Savage is a slob, who screams BOOM BABY when he finds stuff, he is stupid and the show is stupid. He sells things for unreal prices and people who own property see that and think they have millions of dollars in their yards or property. Then they see bulldozers and explosives and don't want their yards torn up. I have personally lost places to that tv show, but got them back after a lot of talking to the owners. So my opinion is RICK SAVAGE AND ANY SHOW HE IS INVOLVED IN WILL FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't like my opinion that's fine, I might not like yours either.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the one at the plantation where they had 24hrs to search the grounds. What a pitiful joke. They get a little hit in the woods, and throw the detectors aside, bring in big lights and generators, and dig a giant hole with no proof of anything even being there.

It makes me sad to think that some people will think this is an accurate portrayal of our hobby.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there anything in the hole ,with all that effort ;Id be willing to bet there was...Something good too.....

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug my share of watches. that Rolex was soooo planted it wasn't even funny. If it had been in the ground for one month it would have been ruined.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 735245 View attachment 735245

.......ZR2guy .... this is for you....BOOM BABY...:laughing9: :laughing7: :laughing9: :laughing7: :protest:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions