Delivered It Today

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my Garrett AT Pro delivered late afternoon today.. Bart at Big Boys Hobbies shipped it Monday and I recieved it today (Wednesday).. AWESOME SHIPPING!!! I got it assembled and me and a buddy gonna go dirt fishing tomorrow.. If you need a new MD or accessories for the MD you have already, give Bart at Big Boys Hobbies a call or shoot him an email.. :icon_thumleft:

speter42

Jan 22, 2013
St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Leaning toward A Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iv'e heard a couple "scare" stories about (new)...old stock... detectors being sold. Namely, machines that have been manufactured a year or two ago and sat on the shelf until sold.
Example,...a friend of mine bought an AT Pro, Oct. 2012, ran the serial number, and found the machine was made in the 2nd week of June, 2011. (the 24th week) I'll bet improvements have been made since then, that his machine didn't have...however, he paid the 2012 price. Just say'in.
Can't help to wonder how true this is, or was that just a fluke?

His # = 50124xxx
I contacted Garrett and asked how to read the serial number...here's how it goes:
1. 8 digit S/N...5xxxxxxx
2. 1st #= 5 (Routing #) will always be "5"
3. 2nd #= year...(3 for 2013,...2 for 2012, etc.)
4. 3rd & 4th #= the week it was produced...example( 01 = 1st week of Jan....52 = Last week of Dec.)

Good to know this stuff!

sanddigger

Mar 25, 2012
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, Good luck I Hope you Find alot, sometime you Find --> Coins and sometime----> You wil Find a lot of Junk ! Like My Friend Mr Pulltab or his Son Mr Bottle Cap. Have Fun. Sanddigger

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I bought a Garrett AT Pro from Bart in August of 2011 and I did have a problem with the coil. I called Garrett and gave them the serial number and they said was a newly manufacturered machine, not some old stock sitting on a shelf. Garrett sent me a new coil along with a prepaid shipper to send back the defective one. No probs since and Bart at Big Boy Hobbies is hard to beat.

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iv'e heard a couple "scare" stories about (new)...old stock... detectors being sold. Namely, machines that have been manufactured a year or two ago and sat on the shelf until sold.
Example,...a friend of mine bought an AT Pro, Oct. 2012, ran the serial number, and found the machine was made in the 2nd week of June, 2011. (the 24th week) I'll bet improvements have been made since then, that his machine didn't have...however, he paid the 2012 price. Just say'in.
Can't help to wonder how true this is, or was that just a fluke?

His # = 50124xxx
I contacted Garrett and asked how to read the serial number...here's how it goes:
1. 8 digit S/N...5xxxxxxx
2. 1st #= 5 (Routing #) will always be "5"
3. 2nd #= year...(3 for 2013,...2 for 2012, etc.)
4. 3rd & 4th #= the week it was produced...example( 01 = 1st week of Jan....52 = Last week of Dec.)

Good to know this stuff!

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure and check it out. It's the new model with the cam locks on the shaft so I'm hoping it hadn't been setting around on a shelf for 3 -4 years..

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, Good luck I Hope you Find alot, sometime you Find --> Coins and sometime----> You wil Find a lot of Junk ! Like My Friend Mr Pulltab or his Son Mr Bottle Cap. Have Fun. Sanddigger

Thanks, I haven't got a chance to try it out yet, been cold and raining since I got it but as soon as there's a break in the weather I'm gonna hit a few places I've got lined up. It's gotta be a heck of a lot better than the borrowed BH 202 I've been using..

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a Garrett AT Pro from Bart in August of 2011 and I did have a problem with the coil. I called Garrett and gave them the serial number and they said was a newly manufacturered machine, not some old stock sitting on a shelf. Garrett sent me a new coil along with a prepaid shipper to send back the defective one. No probs since and Bart at Big Boy Hobbies is hard to beat.

What kind of problem were you having with the coil? It's been cold and raining since I got it and haven't had the chance to test it out yet.. Yeah, Bart and Big Boys Hobbies are the best..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread