jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This has the potential for being a dangerous storm, especially for Massachusetts into northeast Connecticut and up into Maine," said Louis Uccellini, director of the weather agency's National Centers for Environmental Prediction.
A blizzard watch for parts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island said travel may become nearly impossible because of high winds and blowing snow.

A coastal flooding watch also is in effect for some shore communities in Massachusetts, Connecticut and northern Long Island.

BOSTON (AP) — A major winter storm heading toward New England may not be one for the record books, but even some of the nation's snow-hardiest people should proceed with caution, according to at least one expert.

As much as 2 feet of snow could fall on a region that has seen mostly bare ground this winter, the National Weather Service said.

http://hosted2.ap.org/PAPOE/d9e770e...east Snow/id-6da841a16b584ae588a5aa3ddc650aa2

Last edited:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am actually thinking I live in a dead zone in the middle of the country. We have not had one major storm here this winter. It is kinda sad, I feel like if it is cold out there should atleast be snow with it. My lawn hasn't had signifigant snow on it since almost the beginning of the year. Every storm goes north or south or developes after my region. We have had one decent snow and it melted with in a week. It is actually kind of funny because my friend spent a ton of money on a new snowmobile at the end of last winter and still hasn't been able to use it.

Back to the point, I hope everyone makes out okay this storm. Good luck.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
count yourself lucky arno !
it's not as bad as new england here either, but I still have a few inches in my yard, every time we get a complete melt here,
we get more snow the next day.
my part of PA is expecting a snow , sleet & freezing rain, turning to rain, & back to ice & snow
starting tonight thru Saturday morning,
then another round Sunday thru Monday possible.

Stay safe New England :icon_thumright:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are expecting rain Sunday, looks like it could be a decent rain. The main reason I am kinda upset about the weather is because last winter we hardly had any snow then through out the whole year we had just a few inches of rain. I own farm land and I rent it out because I am not equiped to farm and it was a bit of a hit to the farmers. I will say the drought wasn't as bad in northern Iowa but toward the end of the growing season you could tell.

I hope your storm isn't as bad as they say it will be. Good luck north east.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the good thing here, normal lows are now getting to the 40's,
so once we actually reach normal temps things will melt fast.
Hopefully though we don't need to wait for normal temps to be 60's to get those 40's

Odd how the places that need rain don't get it
& us who can live without it for awhile
can't get rid of it :(

of course if your gonna get snow http://oognet.pl/content/details/124
ya gotta get the skis or 1 horse sleigh out :tongue3:
Untitleduu.jpg
Untitledkk.jpg

Last edited:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know right. I see a storm building out west every once in a while and I get excited but then it always just misses my place by a few miles and when it does hit my area it is on the out skirts of the storm. But it has helped the wildlife population around here except deer. The pheasants have made a huge rebound in my area, they were devistated a few years ago from a bad winter where we had 4 feet of snow on the ground. Deer haven't been doing well since the watering holes are getting smaller which causes diseases to get spread easier.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
storm upgraded to include NE PA

WARREN-MCKEAN-POTTER-TIOGA-NORTHERN LYCOMING-SULLIVAN- SOUTHERN LYCOMING-MONTOUR-NORTHUMBERLAND-COLUMBIA-SCHUYLKILL- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WARREN...BRADFORD...COUDERSPORT... MANSFIELD...WELLSBORO...LAPORTE...WILLIAMSPORT...DANVILLE... SUNBURY...SHAMOKIN...BLOOMSBURG...BERWICK...POTTSVILLE

211 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013 ...

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM FRIDAY TO 7 AM EST SATURDAY..

. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM FRIDAY TO 7 AM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. *

LOCATIONS...NORTH CENTRAL MOUNTAINS THROUGH MIDDLE SUSQUEHANNA RIVER VALLEY.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW *

ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW DEVELOPING FRIDAY MORNING...BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING BEFORE ENDING EARLY SATURDAY.

* IMPACTS...SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY ROADS...POOR VISIBILITIES.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SNOW IS FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...BLANKET AND A CELLULAR PHONE IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE LATEST UPDATES. ADDITIONAL DETAILS CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT...WEATHER.GOV/STATECOLLEGE

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-12 MORE INCHES COMING MY WAY-----------HAD ENOUGH----------HANG IN THERE NORTHEASTERN DIGGERS, 3 WEEKS TO MARCH------:occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just rain here.....2 hours north of here they are getting hammered. My daughter lives on Long Island.....told her to be prepared.

Toadady

Greenie
Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife just flew in to Watertown Ny. to see our granddaugher, my SIL is in the army, I wonder if I'll ever see my wife before spring thaw...

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like just another normal February snow storm. Funny thing, it has happened pretty much every year that I remember, nuthin' to fret about. Put some more logs on the fire, crack another Stella and enjoy the day. Only downside for me is that I probably wont be able to get out of my driveway in the morning to make the two hour drive down to the Allentown gun show. Was hopin' to hit the farmers' market there, too, for some good Amish farm smoked bacon and pork chops.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Florida has been officially CLOSED.

We are no longer accepting new residents.

Average Florida day.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.I.B. , I liked your post ,
just so I can come back & un-Like it later :laughing7:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
My brother moved to Hyannis, Mass. this fall. He spent 44 winters here in Vermont and is quite used to the snow.

He emailed me a couple of weeks ago and was bragging about how nice the weather was down in the cape. Last night I emailed him about how much nicer the weather was here in Vermont:laughing7:

I am quite used to this stuff but my advice to all is to stay by the wood stove and drink lots of coffee!

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread