i took the plunge. any input?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I haven't used one, but I am impressed with what I've read about the Delta 4000. Just plant a test garden and see the different responses you get on a penny, nickel, and dime and quarter, at different depths. Take note of the ID numbers and notice how the numbers (and tones) change on deeper coins. You will notice that the ID numbers aren't as accurate on coins past 6-8". If you want to find the deep stuff, keep her in all metal and dig everything. It seems like a deep unit (especially in all metal). Keep us posted and let us know how you like your new Delta 4000, I may get one too in the future!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

garyo1954

Jan 4, 2013
Elkhart, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i broke down and replaced my tracker 4 with a teknetics 4000 should be here in a couple days.
i was looking for a machine that hammers the coins have i made the right choice?

does anyone have any input on this machine?

I've had mine for a bit over a month now.
On the plus side, it's a solid detector, well built, accurate.
I rarely use the pinpoint feature.
It has loud clear tones, easy to operate, good menu selection, large VDI readout, and quick recovery time.
Overall, it has a lot going for it.
Maybe it has to much going for it because (to me) nothing really stands out, grabs you and makes you say, "I REALLY like this!"

GL & HH

OP
OP
J

joecherry

Dec 27, 2012
central illinois
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup same here atomicscott im really excited to learn this machine...
ill give my best input on the detector after i test it out.
thanks for the input guys.

besides im satisfied with my tracker 4 so i highly doubt there will be any dissapointment haha!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a hundred dollars
for every inch of depth for a gold detector
if you don't believe me ask Tom Massey from gold fever and a nother exsanple is the the whit's T.D.I pulse scan it cost $1,800.00 dollars but can find nickle's at 18 inches deep...what you bought is a toy....

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Actually we're just a bunch of big kids and detectors are our toys. Who wants to go out and play?

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did the same thing you did!!! i had a tracker 4 and just got a delta.i like it a lot man....its a good detector...you will notice you have 2 all metal modes. a1 is for less mineralized soil and a2 in more mineralized soil...the a1 works for me the best but a2 is better in very mineralized soil but you sacrifce a little depth with that. i hunt in discrimination alot

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just put my Compadre up for sale to purchase an Alpha 2000. I already have a beep and dig (Vaquero) unit so I want to try a Visual ID unit with multi-tones and I like the look of all the Teknetics screens. Keep posting any info you have on the Delta!

BillW212

Feb 6, 2013
Coatesville, PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also bought the Delta 4000, just picked mine up. I put it together today. Easy to put together. This is my first detector. Can't wait for the weather to get nicer so I can go try it out. The ground is frozen here in PA.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a hundred dollars
for every inch of depth for a gold detector
if you don't believe me ask Tom Massey from gold fever and a nother exsanple is the the whit's T.D.I pulse scan it cost $1,800.00 dollars but can find nickle's at 18 inches deep...what you bought is a toy....
Delta 4000 is nowhere near a toy, and I think you must be very uninformed to say that (Im sure Dave J. would take offense). Also, Whites TDI wouldn't be most peoples first choice for nuggets. Here in SoCal desert I haven't heard of anyone using a TDI for nuggetshooting. If you are going PI, most out here are using Minelab GPX or Garrett infinium. If going VLF, GMT, gold bug pro, Lobo, AT gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions