GOING FROM THE STOCK 8" COILD TO A DD 11" COIL. NEED ADVISE!!!!

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Patrick. I have a Teknetics Delta 4000. i have been using the stock 8" coil which i do like. I have gained permission to hunt some field and some wooded areas that i don't believe will be too trashy of areas.(so i think..lol)..anyway will the dd coil really give me better depth? will it false more? will i have to turn my sensitivity down more? HOW ARE THEY WITH TARGET SEPARATION?

any advise or info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys and gals!!!!:headbang:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Patrick, save your money! You might gain an inch or two at best in depth. The DD is not as good in pinpointing. You will have to pinpoint with the edge of the coil. Target separation will get worse. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patrick, save your money! You might gain an inch or two at best in depth. The DD is not as good in pinpointing. You will have to pinpoint with the edge of the coil. Target separation will get worse. Frank

Have to disagree with you on this one Frankn.

Pinpointing is different. Not better not worse. It is best done with either the tip or the heal of the coil.
Separation should definitely improve as it won't won't mask targets that are close together like a concentric. Plus the more the mineralization of the soil, the more advantage to the DD.
As far as depth, same size coils will have basically the same depth unless you are in higher mineralized soils. Then the DD will/should get deeper.

I like my DD coils WAY more than the concentrics. Others have the opposite view.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Have to disagree with you on this one Frankn.

Pinpointing is different. Not better not worse. It is best done with either the tip or the heal of the coil.
Separation should definitely improve as it won't won't mask targets that are close together like a concentric. Plus the more the mineralization of the soil, the more advantage to the DD.
As far as depth, same size coils will have basically the same depth unless you are in higher mineralized soils. Then the DD will/should get deeper.

I like my DD coils WAY more than the concentrics. Others have the opposite view.

Well Fella, you might be right, but I guess I have just been spoiled by my 9.5 concentric on my XLT. I have pulled targets from 2' and it pinpoints dead center. It will read out a gold ring next to a nail. Yep, I guess I have just been spoiled, but using the same detector for 12 years might have something to do with it also. Have a good day fella pal. Frank

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 8.5x 11, DD on my Ace 350, and the instructional videos show that the opening in the coil in front of the connection to lower rod is target area. Then they show how to use the front or the back edge of coil to pinpoint. I use the opening in the coil, and it is not that tough to get it

OP
OP
OUTCOME1

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for all the replies!!1 i think im gonna give it a go with the teknetics 11 inch dd.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Results?

Patrick , how did it work out for you?

OP
OP
OUTCOME1

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have not received my coil yet. i will let you know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread