Has anyone ever burried

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a couple times, one was more of "I will come bck for it" type and the second was a some what time capsule. I ended up digging that capsule back up 5 years later but I dont remember why. Anyways I will probably bury a few things for the next generation.

by the way I never went back for the first one because my dad sold his house and it is still there as far as I know.

Last edited:

andre1002

Jan 11, 2013
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star/Whites MXT/Minelab e-trac/Garrett PP/sunray X-1 inline probe.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I burried a Mason jar full of dug pennies at a local park. Probly 15-20 dollars worth :) not too long ago in fact... every time I go to that park I run my detector over the area to see if anyone has found them yet. They are still there as of 2 weekago.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my old relic hunting buddies who now lives in South Carolina played a cruel joke on me about a month before so I decided to buy a fake CS cast reproduction buckle and put it in a camp we hunt a lot with the words taped "GOTCHA" on the back of the buckle so to make a long story short I REALLY got him :D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I burried a Mason jar full of dug pennies at a local park. Probly 15-20 dollars worth :) not too long ago in fact... every time I go to that park I run my detector over the area to see if anyone has found them yet. They are still there as of 2 weekago.

Send me the address in a pm, then you won't have t bother checking for it again :icon_thumright:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to burt a bunch around my place, I live on a farm and I think I may bury one at each fence post about a foot away. Someone will have fun.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was digging a rock shelter with 2 friends, sneaked in early and buried a fake platform pipe in my buddies square. I bought it at a museum for a couple bucks. looked real.

He was jumpin' up and down, whoopin' and hollerin' until he saw me bustin' a gut laughing.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was 12 or 13 I stayed with relatives on their ranch for the summer. One of my jobs was to put in a flag stone patio, which I had to dig out to the depth of the stone, lay the stones and sweep the dry concrete mix between the rocks. While doing that, I took a fruit jar, put some coins in it, (don't get excited, I doubt I could have come up with a quarter) and some other stuff a kid would think important along with a note, and buried it under a flag stone that was concreted in. The house has since burned down, and I don't know if it's ever been rebuilt, I haven't been there for years, the family is no longer on the place and hasn't been even before the house burned. It's located in California, on the Raymond road, about half way between Raymond and Coarse Gold. If you live in that area, PM me for further directions, and it would be up to you to get permission to dig up the flagstone.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it was in 1959 or 60 I had a job packing mules for Reds Meadows by the Devils Postpile in the High Sierra Nevada, not far from Mammoth Mountain Ski resort. Reds Meadows is still there renting livestock for camping trips into the high mountains. Some of our camps were as high as 10,500 feet, but others were actually down hill from the pack station. We would take people down to Fish Creek. Once on Fish Creek, which is 8 or 9 miles into the back country, follow the trail up stream to a place where there is a hot spring. That's called Daisy Dell camp, and the camp is located in the fork of a stream that flows out of the hot spring and a cold water stream that flows out of Shark Tooth lake. This is a neat camp, because you have hot and cold running right at your camp. Follow the trail up to Shark Tooth lake, then continue past the lake until you top out near the peak of Shark Tooth mountain. Dismount and walk up to the top of the mountain, it's not very far or a hard hike. Stand there looking west at the awesome view clear to the Pacific Ocean, then check around your feet. I put a couple of silver coins under a fairly good sized rock, but one that wasn't hard for me to roll up on its edge, then set it down on the coins. My plans were to go back and pick them up, but I never did. If you go there to find the coins, it would probably be wise to take a fishing pole and make it a fishing trip, because there isn't much treasure there, perhaps 4 bits at the most, and the stream fishing on fish creek is awesome.

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have twin grandsons, when they were about 6 years old, i gave them a Child's M D. At the time i was remodeling an old house, that i had bought. I had about $12 worth of penny's so i put them in a bag and buried them in the back yard. I watched through the garage window as they played with the detector. Well after while the M D rang out and they found the bag of coins. When they dug it up and looked inside, the fight was on. Both boy's wanted to bring it in to show me. One on each side of the bag,they marched in with big smiles on there face,grandpa were rich. Today they are 22 year's old, and bring that day up, when they found that buried treasure. I never told them i buried it and i guess i never will. :coins:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read your post ( I found a cache ) nice tools, even if they were planted. Chances are he for got where he planted them and didn't want to admit it. So in reality you did him a favor. way to go " river rat"!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every house I have ever worked on I've left a coin and a note in a bottle in one of the walls for the next guy to find. It's been a long running tradition in my family. I'm not in construction right now, but I'll probably take it up again, and will keep on leaving little time capsues when I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions