What to do?

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to fish, but I think I like hunting better. Hunting for coins that is. I bought a used Bounty Hunter MD for $110.00 at the swap meet last April, and started hunting. I'm 67 and retired, so I have plenty of spare time. I had not seen a silver coin since 1965, until I found my first silver, a 1964 dime with my md. I couldn't believe how excited I could get over a silver coin. Last year I ended up with ten silver coins, and this year I am up to four, plus 5 other silver coins roll hunting, and one from a "Coin Star" machine. It's hard to believe that in the last 47 years I have not seen a silver coin, and now in less than a year I have found nineteen. I can remember like it was yesterday, when I had a paper route as a kid, and collected all those Standing Liberty quarters, Walking Liberty half dollars, the Ben Franklin's and Mercury dimes, and silver dollars too. I am glad I found metal detecting, it's kinda like fishing in a way, but now I save lots on gas, don't have to buy an expensive fishing license, or flies (lures), and I don't drink as much beer while detecting, plus I get money doing it. Not too bad. Oh, and this site.... Not bad at all :).
Thank you TreasureNet.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Know what you mean. I like to stream fish, but have lots of trouble walking over the cobbles anymore, but dirt fishing has all those benefits that you mentioned.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I ve been dirt fishing steady since 2006. Ive met some great people from Tnet, GOIO, AmericanCoinHunting, NOLA Ken, River Rat, Feline Peachy, most of the old posters on the Illinois forum and others. The best time Ive had hunting has been with these great folks. If you can find someone to hunt with it just adds a great element to your hunting time. I am in Salt Lake City and am looking forward to hunting with a few Tnetters from that area once the snow melts and the ground thaws, AND riding my Harley, my other great time consuming past time. TMAN...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread