Digger show tomorrow

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I'm not sure why some of you are doubting what I said in my original post. IMHO 1930's pocket knives & recent 1 cent pennies are pretty much worthless. I simply said that they didn't find anything of historical value. Also, if you look closly at the one minie ball they found and said it had been shot, looks more to me like a dropped ball that had a plow run across it. One last thing; my information wasn't third hand but on the spot second hand at worst.

Yea, yours was second hand at worst. Your doubters would rather believe a maybe, 10 hand rewrite received thru the tube than a fellow TH. I dislike that when they look down on a fellow TH, but it does give you a good idea of the worth of their opinion. Frank

Gracie and friend.jpg

Last edited:

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, yours was second hand at worst. Your doubters would rather believe a maybe, 10 hand rewrite received thru the tube than a fellow TH. I dislike that when they look down on a fellow TH, but it does give you a good idea of the worth of their opinion. Frank

Who's looking down on him? What if they are TH'rs too? Just saying.....no one flamed him like you are flaming us.
Metamucil not working? Lol...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure why some of you are doubting what I said in my original post. IMHO 1930's pocket knives & recent 1 cent pennies are pretty much worthless. I simply said that they didn't find anything of historical value. Also, if you look closly at the one minie ball they found and said it had been shot, looks more to me like a dropped ball that had a plow run across it. One last thing; my information wasn't third hand but on the spot second hand at worst.

Well, in one sense you have shot my theory down. I would have expected them to find a sword buckle, hospital bullets, and a stray cannon ball or two, so at least they didn't salt those. According to Frankn it looks like they salted some finds, perhaps for the penny contest??? I agree with you, from what I read here, they pretty much found junk in regards to what they were supposed to be finding. So that makes the show a little more honest, but I can find that sort of stuff on my own, and myself or my friends don't get stupid about it, so I'm still not going to watch the show.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, in one sense you have shot my theory down. I would have expected them to find a sword buckle, hospital bullets, and a stray cannon ball or two, so at least they didn't salt those. According to Frankn it looks like they salted some finds, perhaps for the penny contest??? I agree with you, from what I read here, they pretty much found junk in regards to what they were supposed to be finding. So that makes the show a little more honest, but I can find that sort of stuff on my own, and myself or my friends don't get stupid about it, so I'm still not going to watch the show.

I get excited every time I find anything old. When that stops I'll give you my AT to do with as you please. I would have thought they would have made better finds too. But they didn't juice their own holes:happy3: so they worked with what they had, it's TV, so in the grand scheme of things I'd say that little bit of artistic license is acceptable. Yeah, they act goofy. But most people do, and they don't even realize it.
On another note, I couldn't help but watch some of that train wreck called "Savage family diggers"...talk about salting a hole. I wish the dirt would just fall off of everything I pulled out of the ground. I learned that you should just bury the coins and brass and silver you find for a while. It seems that dirt is a natural polish.??????

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DVR the show the other night and it was the first time I've every watched it and probably the last.Are these guys for real?,they make our hobby look really bad and act like fools,jumping all around,my wife said she likes the MD videos I watch on Youtube better.:dontknow:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said some people call what they found at the inn, "junk". Glad you posted...your the first person that has confirmed they are not faking their finds. The haters thought the boys were going to be exposed on this episode but all of the sudden the haters have got real quite.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 745485
Frankn you are taking shots at people...dont be mad that the show is gaining support and you are losing your fighting buddies...come on and join us...we aint mad at ya. :laughing7:

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn you are taking shots at people...dont be mad that the show is gaining support and you are losing your fighting buddies...come on and join us...we aint mad at ya. :laughing7:

And I even promise to minimize the use of the words Juice, nic, pock, nectar, HV, silv, ster, civ, hoi, rev, roundness and all the other goofy stuff. BTW, is that boxer wearing fake eyelashes? Looks like a Revlon job.:laughing7::laughing7:

Deckguy

Nov 10, 2012
Harford County,Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I even promise to minimize the use of the words Juice, nic, pock, nectar, HV, silv, ster, civ, hoi, rev, roundness and all the other goofy stuff. BTW, is that boxer wearing fake eyelashes? Looks like a Revlon job.:laughing7::laughing7:

you forgot " another slammin hit" lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread