HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...bet it was a skunk.It smells nothig like skunk when you get hit...takes your breath away!!Beleive it or not but I used to collect skunk essence and made pretty fair money.....not many friends but good money!The most expensive perfumes in the world use it as a base after the pee yuu is removed.That stuff will remove paint....litteraly!

Whoa!!! I knew a guy who use to do the same thing, he even had a pet skunk, you can stay high all day long being around that..:blackbeard:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen a sidewinder or even a track. Ran over a big rattler on the Raymond Road. I was driving a 37 chevy pickup with really bad brakes, and I had the peddle to the metal so to speak, just a dumb kid driving too fast. In those days there was no traffic on the Raymond Road. The local constable drove a model A, and he put the clutch in and coasted down hill. I came teaaring around a corner and the snakes head was off the pavement and in the grass on the right hand side, and its tail was off the pavement and in the grass on drivers side, and I couldn't stop. Looking back that snake was all wadded up in the rear view mirror, but by the time I got stopped and backed up, it was off in the grass, and I didn't have guts enough to follow it.
:laughing7: I bet not!I dont track snakes....to me thats not fair...Lol.I used to spend a lot of time in Arizona,and some locals talked me into going catfishing one night...I dont like to fish,let alone at night,but I had nothing better to do...so I obliged....we were in a small car,and was in the back seat...had terrible suspension and no "spring",in the seat.Across the dirt road in front of us I could see that someone had lost a big ship-dock rope,being the pack rat I am,I said,"Hey stop let me get that rope!!",my tour guides laughed,and sped up,as we approached the "rope",I realized......THATS A HUGE RATTLER!!!!Its rattles were standing straight up,and I swear it looked like there was 20+....we went over that dude and it felt like we ran over a dog!I wanted the hide but they were having no part of that...and I really didnt want to be diddlin around with it in the dark...we got to our fishin hole and I stayed in the car!!!!On the way back out the snake wasnt there,and the next day,I went back and seen its track but no snake...I presume it lived?I kind of felt bad after I learned that those huge ones like that are actually very docile?At any rate,I don like anything suffering and I am sure it didnt appreciate being ran over!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up until then I've been lucky with skunks. I was sleeping in the back of my truck up by Eagle Lake 20 some years ago and in the middle of the night my dogs were making quite a fuss. I dropped the tailgate to look under the truck and was almost nose to nose to one. Put the tailgate back up and hoped for the best. I'm not even going to ask how you milk a skunk (Very Carefully lol).

On topic- if anyone knows of an aversion class coming up would you post the info? I just heard of one coming up in Columbia, CA at the end of April. They want $75 and I think that's better than the emergency vet but just a little steep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread