Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mr. Skool,

My name is Percival Perth III. I live in the UK and have several enterprises there. My main office is in one of my lesser
fancies, namely "Metal detection Apparitus For Chad,LTD". We furnish young ladies and gentlemen with locating devices to
prevent them stepping upon land mines and poisinous reptiles.

As a matter of fact I shall personally administer a shipment of Iron/Steel/Pipe/Mineral Locators# to these blessed children
within the month of March. Unfortunately I am not permitted to land my personal DC10 due to the current conflict. However
I intend to airdrop the divices into the larger dunes. The apparati is quite hardy I assure you.

Mr. Skool, please advise regarding your position on 21March/03 so that any leftover appariti can be delivered/dropped nearby.

# batteries included

PPIII

Sounds like a great idea

I hope your being serious, Because messing with members like this,
could get you banned, if you turn this into a joke.

JC DETECT

Feb 24, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 - 15" WOT 3KHZ, Tesoro Cibola - 10x12 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sure if you send money first, you will get your detector after. Whats your budget Mr. skool?

JC DETECT

Feb 24, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 - 15" WOT 3KHZ, Tesoro Cibola - 10x12 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But on the down side for your requests, I see that your writing skills change from no capitals and poor grammer, to proper capitalization and proper grammer in your communications. This seems to varify that something is not right. Check your previous posts compared to your reply on Feb 21st, 2013.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Jeff, skool and I have exchanged several PMs and he is a good sport. In fact he told me one of the missles landed on his
head. But he still prefers Minelabs over my pipe locators.

skool

Feb 15, 2013
in the heart of africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i'm ready to send my money to a Dealer or to a trusted person , the seller get the price from the Dealer or the trusted person . is that is enough to stop that because i get hurt please notice the number of people who viewe at the thread : "Warning about potential Scam"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I understand this thread may put you in a bad View to some,
but it is also giving you a chance to tell your side and hopefully
show what type of person you really are, so I hesitate to remove it.

for what it is worth, I do wish you luck.

I do not know what dealers here sell to your country, perhaps KELLYCO
and maybe they can suggest a way around credit cards or paypal

skool

Feb 15, 2013
in the heart of africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I understand this thread may put you in a bad View to some,
but it is also giving you a chance to tell your side and hopefully
show what type of person you really are
, so I hesitate to remove it.

for what it is worth, I do wish you luck.

I do not know what dealers here sell to your country, perhaps KELLYCO
and maybe they can suggest a way around credit cards or paypal

960 member viewed this thread, u can delete it but u can not delete the idea that created in their minds and they r not going to return back to see what type of person i'm, they are gone with wind

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skool,, there have been several people post in your defense also . i agree with Jeff, leave the post . use the contacts jeff has mentioned , and if they do not work out then post a reply here telling what happened.

is it legal to send cash in the mail from out of the country ? if not then that would be the best option, to send some one cash for there MD.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skool,, there have been several people post in your defense also . i agree with Jeff, leave the post . use the contacts jeff has mentioned , and if they do not work out then post a reply here telling what happened.

is it legal to send cash in the mail from out of the country ? if not then that would be the best option, to send some one cash for there MD.

Remember ! Buying from a forum
can be just as dangerous for you Skool.

What is to say that if you send your money,
you will get your detector,
and if you do will it be in working order ?

Will you have to pay Duty fees of some type ? & how much ?

in all honesty you have as much to loose as anyone here does.
& maybe more.

Plus once you send your check, they will probably wait 30 days to be sure it doesn't come back bad, before sending the detector.

and if you send cash there is no proof you sent it , or they got it.

Last edited:

garyo1954

Jan 4, 2013
Elkhart, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears to be a lot of logistics to work out on this and getting paid may be the least of the problems.

Thought I'd give it a shot to see what the shipping charges would be to Somalia.
USPS says no services are available to that nation according to their Country Price Groups and Weight Limit page.

Country Price Groups and Weight Limits

Anybody have an idea how much it would cost to ship UPS or Fedex?

Also might be a good idea for skool to get one of his friends who have connections in the US and Europe to make the purchase for him since they have been through this and there won't be any surprises.

Without knowing what it costs to ship, a forum member might set a price, get the money, and find out it is going to cost more to ship than he got for the detector.

Not a good scenario.

skool

Feb 15, 2013
in the heart of africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Appears to be a lot of logistics to work out on this and getting paid may be the least of the problems.

Thought I'd give it a shot to see what the shipping charges would be to Somalia.
USPS says no services are available to that nation according to their Country Price Groups and Weight Limit page.

Country Price Groups and Weight Limits

Anybody have an idea how much it would cost to ship UPS or Fedex?

Also might be a good idea for skool to get one of his friends who have connections in the US and Europe to make the purchase for him since they have been through this and there won't be any surprises.

Without knowing what it costs to ship, a forum member might set a price, get the money, and find out it is going to cost more to ship than he got for the detector.

Not a good scenario.

first my country is not somalia, usps shipping cost is 77$ for a Maximum weight 20 pounds
Priority Mail® International Large Flat Rate Box
23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3"
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

Last edited:

garyo1954

Jan 4, 2013
Elkhart, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first my country is not somalia, usps shipping cost is 77$ for a Maximum weight 20 pounds
23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3"
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

My apologies skool. With all the talk of Somalia I assumed that was where you were from.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3"
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

$77 dollars. ouch. Have you checked into UPS? I know for a fact that the heavier the item is, the cheaper it is. I know they deliver internationally. If you find someone that will send you a metal detector, have them weigh it in the package and check into UPS pricewise. I ordered a pair of men's steel toed boots from austrailia to Michigan USA and it only cost me 20 dollars.

Just an idea,
Garoulady

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is thee is any body here want to help me ?
What do you want someone to do? contact a dealer some will ship international...

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skool is looking to buy a 2nd hand MD . pay cash and have some one ship it to him .. thats what i understand he wants .

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skool PM'd me last night asking me to call some guy and try and reduce the price on a MDer because he said he didnt speak good english. I do not think this is a scam but I can not really be helpful to him, So maybe another member can try helping skool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread