Got my E-Trac!

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was my birthday on Feb,18th. I was suprised to get the detector I always wanted to get, but figured my parents wouldn't get if for me since it was too exspensive. But I got it anyhow. I already had a Whites and had a pinpointer and some head phones. When I got the new detector it came with two headphones and a new shovel or a leche-"thats how I'm going to spell it". It was tricky learning how to put together my new detector but I was pretty fast since I pretty much had learned how to put together long before I got it. Making my patterns was another thing that I had to learn and required me to hit the web for some help. I learned if you hold in on the arrows and the check or no-check button it goes faster. I took some coins and burried them in my sand pile and recorded the numbers for stuff I would like to find more of. Pretty much and numbers that weren't the ones I recorded I checked off. My first find with the E-Trac was a peice of iron, this was a little bit before I edited the chart, I also found a AAA service patrol pin. Made a small graph and then rechecked it with my old detector. Found a penny and that was it, the E-Trac can really clean up, I was impressed. Couple of weeks before I got the E-Trac I found a Barber dime and a spur. Thanks for reading.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions