DESERT CROSSER FOUND IN AZ******************

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
For all who like to keep up with the "treasure markers", several large crosses with inscriptions have been found in AZ. It's on tonite on 271 Direct TV , the H2HD (alternate history channel) at 10PMEastern time. AMERICA UNEARTHED. Check it out. Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 074-1.jpg I think it is going to be on every Friday on H2 the other history channel.
America Unearthed

Last edited:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many people over centuries and centuries marked things with crosses, everytime I watch a show with a sign like this it ends up leading them know where.. maybe someone will find some buried gold tonight on tv.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
perhaps I'm blind, but I'm not seeing the cross in the picture. . . .

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I guess you missed it. There were a lot of crosses and a Geogologist expert was checking them out . They could tell by the mineral growth on the lead crosses that they were from 800AD. They mentioned the name of a Knight Templar . The inscription was in Latin and showed the Cross of Laraine, that is the cross with two horizontal bars that was sometimes used by them. There were swords and other items. Boy would I like to hit that site and see what they missed. The items were found visually in the '20s. I enjoyed this show far more than the diggers. The series is going to work it's way thru the unproven events in the history of the USA. There was another in the series that followed on Merriweather Lewis. Another good one. Check the H2 history channel next Friday at 10. Its not reality, it's real!! Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg America Unearthed is THE show!

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
anyone watch....opinions

i watched the episode,of course not enough info in a 40min show,so i looked for more
i found some stuff, from some old articles written,links below
JMO,a couple of points from the video,about the dating process
i dont think the items were proven in the vid as to how old they are, from the caliche rock
test ,or the malachite crystals found on the artifacts,and the lead mine find nearby,to me
that just says the items were buried in that material,and had been there long enough to
get encrusted with the material. more study into the kilns would be needed,more on that
below,ive not looked into the kilns
from the articles,i found that there had been limestone kilns,above, near, and around, the
caliche rock deposit where the items were found,that had runoff,which could have caused
the caliche rock deposit,and the property belonged to one of the finders, charles bent
i was surprised that no serious archaeological dig took place,if for nothing else,to prove that
nothing else was at site,from reading, the archies of the day,were pretty much sure it was a
hoax
the only reason i could think for a hoax would be $$$,could be the perps (if the items are a
hoax) thought somehow they would gain financially,ive not read anywhere the items were
sold,or any $$$ made
about carbon dating,i think all that will tell ya is how old the lead is,im pretty sure all the lead
deposits on the planet are,thousands if not hundreds of thousands yrs old
the artifacts are AKA,Tucson Lead Crosses Silverbell Road artifacts
links for more info
an article in desert mag,dec 1980 pg 21 ( with some imgs )
at top of cover pg hit.... click here to continue reading on pg 21
198012 Desert Magazine 1980 December - Fullscreen
a-reputation-in-ruins
By Peter Gilstrap Thursday, Mar 21 1996
A Reputation in Ruins - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times
Ruins of old lime kiln visible along Silverbell
Tucson Oddity: Ruins of old lime kiln visible along Silverbell
not sure if this is just a rock pile or old kiln ruins
silverbell road
32.304473,-111.050491 - Google Maps
if you happen to be in Tucson and want to have a look see,i think you can
ACCESS
There are no restrictions on access to this collection
COPYRIGHT
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be addressed to
the Arizona Historical Society, Tucson, Archives Department.
Includes photostatic copies of the inscriptions as well Fowler’s notes.
http://www.arizonahistoricalsociety.org/wp-content/upLoads/library_Fowler-Frank.pdf
Contact Us | Arizona Historical Society

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
i watched the episode,of course not enough info in a 40min show,so i looked for more
i found some stuff, from some old articles written,links below
JMO,a couple of points from the video,about the dating process
i dont think the items were proven in the vid as to how old they are, from the caliche rock
test ,or the malachite crystals found on the artifacts,and the lead mine find nearby,to me
that just says the items were buried in that material,and had been there long enough to
get encrusted with the material. more study into the kilns would be needed,more on that
below,ive not looked into the kilns
from the articles,i found that there had been limestone kilns,above, near, and around, the
caliche rock deposit where the items were found,that had runoff,which could have caused
the caliche rock deposit,and the property belonged to one of the finders, charles bent
i was surprised that no serious archaeological dig took place,if for nothing else,to prove that
nothing else was at site,from reading, the archies of the day,were pretty much sure it was a
hoax
the only reason i could think for a hoax would be $$$,could be the perps (if the items are a
hoax) thought somehow they would gain financially,ive not read anywhere the items were
sold,or any $$$ made
about carbon dating,i think all that will tell ya is how old the lead is,im pretty sure all the lead
deposits on the planet are,thousands if not hundreds of thousands yrs old
the artifacts are AKA,Tucson Lead Crosses Silverbell Road artifacts
links for more info
an article in desert mag,dec 1980 pg 21 ( with some imgs )
at top of cover pg hit.... click here to continue reading on pg 21
198012 Desert Magazine 1980 December - Fullscreen
a-reputation-in-ruins
By Peter Gilstrap Thursday, Mar 21 1996
A Reputation in Ruins - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times
Ruins of old lime kiln visible along Silverbell
Tucson Oddity: Ruins of old lime kiln visible along Silverbell
not sure if this is just a rock pile or old kiln ruins
silverbell road
32.304473,-111.050491 - Google Maps
if you happen to be in Tucson and want to have a look see,i think you can
ACCESS
There are no restrictions on access to this collection
COPYRIGHT
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be addressed to
the Arizona Historical Society, Tucson, Archives Department.
Includes photostatic copies of the inscriptions as well Fowler’s notes.
http://www.arizonahistoricalsociety.org/wp-content/upLoads/library_Fowler-Frank.pdf
Contact Us | Arizona Historical Society

So, cw0909, You don't think the oxidation and other tests were adequate. After all the oxidation started after the lead was cast. I don't pretend to have any expertise in geology or chemistry, just wondering. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

idowa

Jan 21, 2012
Palouse, WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fascinating show and story... What confused me was the reference to the Yuma lead mine they referenced and the one guy said it was just a few miles away. Then they visited the mine and the screen said it was near Yuma, AZ, which is not a few miles away from Tucson. It's probably around 150 miles or more.

I'll be visiting my folks in Yuma this weekend and will show my dad this video; he loves stuff like this...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread