How many of you click to see the post on the 2nd or 3rd or ... etc pages?

Do you frequently go beyond page one in a forum?

• 100 % of the time I go beyond page 1.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 70 to 99% I go beyond page 1.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 50 to 69% I go beyond page 1.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 30 to 49% I go beyond page 1.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 0 to 29% I go beyond page 1.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Added this paragraph 3/18/2013 ( I guess my wording on this post is not very good, I am not talking about someones specific posting, but the page that lists WHAT people post. It makes perfect sense, of course we will read more on any post if it is interesting to us. But do you go to page two on the page that lists all the posts the index page (for lack of better words).."

When I post something in "What is it" It quickly ends up on the second and third pages. So I have found that a lot of those that had no reply right away usually don't ever get a reply, so I need to re post it or just keep wondering what it is!

Original Post: Just wondering why they don't increase the number of posts that can show on the page. Even if it showed the first hundred a lot of those that have zero replies would been seen a little longer.

I am just wondering the percentage of times you go beyond page one?

Page 2?

Page 3?

where do I post the suggestion for Tnet to increase the number to lets say 150? Or maybe I will learn that the rest of you do frequently go beyond page one.

Sometimes it feels like craigslist and if you don't repost your post it gets lost after the first day!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Leeintn

Greenie
Dec 7, 2012
Etowah, Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites Spec XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just spent two hours going through all the posts and clicking on the ones i am interested in.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I start with the first post...... Then read all the comments.......Even if there is 15 pages or more......Most of the time there is only one page.... then as pages are added with more posts... I just keep clicking back on and read the new posts....

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it oddly.
I will go to the LAST page and then work back to the first. (If I have some idea what it's about)

If the title makes no sense, or it is more than 3 pages, I start at the first post.
I also don't comment til I have read it all. (seems to be rare though)

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time I go to the first post on the first page, look at the pics without reading anything. I hate videos and 99% of the time won't watch them. I don't have time for a 15 min video to see a good find at around minute 14. Just post the pics or video AND pics.
If the topic is interesting, I may read all the way through it, regardless of how many posts/pages there are. But most of the time, I just want to see what you found.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
From some of the answers i have read..... Some do not read the first post complete... or do not understand it....or do not read any of the other replies.................. from some of the answers i see....make no sense..

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for sharing, I haven't been on here for a while, didn't know anyone actually replied!

Thanks again, Cindy

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time I go to the first post on the first page, look at the pics without reading anything. I hate videos and 99% of the time won't watch them. I don't have time for a 15 min video to see a good find at around minute 14. Just post the pics or video AND pics.
If the topic is interesting, I may read all the way through it, regardless of how many posts/pages there are. But most of the time, I just want to see what you found.

you and me both about the videos, if I do click on it to watch it, I A.D.D. off and forget to pay attention anyway! LOL

Last edited:

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it's something that interests me I'll read on, if not I'm done after the first couple of posts.

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's something that interests me I'll read on, if not I'm done after the first couple of posts.

Thanks, for sharing, I guess my wording on this post is not very good, I am not talking about someones specific posting, but the page that lists WHAT people post. Most of the replies have been on the same line as yours and it makes perfect sense! OF course we will read more if it is interesting, but do you go to page two on the page that lists all the posts. I guess I should edit my post and should have said this when I started getting the replies on a persons specific post instead of the index page (for lack of better words). Thank you so much for taking the time to look and reply!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread