New source of available gold,..........

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came across an interesting source of available gold just waiting for an enterprising individual to put it in the bank.

Let's travel back 14.5 billion years to the explosion that started the world that we live in today. Every element that exists today was formed at this time, and very little has been found to this day.

We have all panned, sluiced, and spent countless hours searching for that elusive vein that will make our lives easier. But how many realized that most of the available gold exists today in our oceans.
" Ina cubic mile of ocean, if a efficient filtration system could be developed, 50 pounds of gold will be the end result. In other words, 5 million tons of sea water, more than a billion gallons of sea water, are required to yield 1 oz. of gold. In a cubic mile of sea water, there is about $370 million in gold,( 1960 prices), but to treat such a volume of water in a year would necessitate filling and emptying two hundred huge tanks of water, each 500 feet square and 5 feet deep, two times a day." [ In: THE MAJIC OF GOLD by Jennifer Marx]

Armed with these new figures how many are ready to head out to the shore and find the motherload?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I'd rather have pickers in a pan than trying to filter all that water.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hate to knock a fellow pirate's dream, but arrrrrrrrr dem numbers be wrong!

50 lbs of gold (600 troy ounces) is worth less than a million dollars at current prices.

The salt contained in sea water is worth more than the gold

SaltTruck_0126_BL_tif_.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread