I am new to this..... where in Tampa can I go ??

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zombie, I have detected South Beach between 2000 and 2007. LOTS of jewelry there. If you have a VLF and not a PI, you will need to stay up nearer the wall and not the wet sand. I have a PI machine for saltwater. I believe most Sea beaches are still legal to hunt. I may be wrong. It's been awhile. TTC

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had no issues hunting in parks here in Tampa. Lowery Park, Al Lopez, etc. Ball parks, etc. I do bring a sheet of plastic and put all my dirt diggins on the plastic and put them back in the hole when I'm done. Plug on top of course ;) Another park is on McDill at I think it's cypress. 2 or 3 ball fields and a large picnic area. Not sure what part of Tampa you're in, so a little tough to be more specific. There is a pier for fishing with a lot of picnic/parking down near the base on the east side of the Peninsula. You may be able to stay on Bayshore right down to it. Think its call Lighthouse something, but not real sure. Good luck!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread