'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm DONE with Bounty Hunter Products

So, lets start at the beginning. A little over a month ago I went to the FTP website to contact customer support regarding a question I had regarding service on a BH metal detector I was looking at. Well..........I'm still waiting for some sort of response! Now 2 weeks ago I purchased my current BH made detector. Again I went to the BH (FTP) website, contacted customer support, and still have heard NOTHING!!! Back in the '90's I had a QDII, that needed service, and had NO PROBLEM with FTP, they were great! As a matter of fact, they warrantied my repair even though I purchased it used, and was over 5 years old. So, if this is how First Texas Products handles their customers,......I'M DONE!! When this one dies, it will not be replaced with a First Texas Products metal detector!!

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think customer support would be priority one. I love my BH. I just hope nothing goes wrong with it!
Good luck

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can understand your frustration. Since I like to give advice, here's a freebie for you :icon_thumright:

The next time you think of making a purchase, test out their customer support first, then make the purchase :tongue3:

OP
OP
'bulaDirtDog

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can understand your frustration. Since I like to give advice, here's a freebie for you :icon_thumright:

The next time you think of making a purchase, test out their customer support first, then make the purchase :tongue3:

Yeah, not only testing a companies support but also checking out the forums better. The thing is, I did some checking on forums, and didn't find much negative about their service. Oh well.....live and learn. Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
'bulaDirtDog

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think customer support would be priority one. I love my BH. I just hope nothing goes wrong with it!
Good luck

Well all I can say is...."It used to be priority one".

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have to pay more for a good detector but you will be graduating from a kids toy to a real detector and finding alot more good stuff. Some people will say they are as good as any other out there just because they're to cheap to buy a good one, I'm not saying to spend more than you should just spend enough to get something good if your serious about the hobby. HH

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have to pay more for a good detector but you will be geaduating from a kids toy to a real detector and finding alot more good stuff. Some people will say they are as good as any other out there just because they're to cheap to buy a good one, I'm not saying to spend more than you should just spend enough to get something good if your serious about the hobby. HH

Although I've never used a B.H. before, If I did own one, I would find this type of comment insulting.

This rant is about customer service.....not the detectors.

You think because you paid X amount for your MXT that your special?

Come detect with me and my old 1266X and I'll show you how it's done!

OP
OP
'bulaDirtDog

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's right Muddy, I really don't have a problem with the product, it's the poor customer service they seem to have now vs say 10 years ago. And for me, customer service is #1. Happy Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say buy a MXT or any certain brand there are alot of good brands and detectors out there. They did sell that brand in the toy section at walmart though, are there worse detectors out there I'm sure some are, but don't expect great results from the ones like they sell at harbor freight. Does the one at harbor freight work, I'm sure it picks up metal but detecting a park thats been pounded for years and the only old coins left are the really deep ones and you most likely won't end up with anything but the newer clad thats been dropped. HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
'bulaDirtDog

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say buy a MXT or any certain brand there are alot of good brands and detectors out there. HH

Yep, I agree there are alot of good brands. And when the time comes to replace this one I will have done a better job researching my future metal detector.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call them and talk to Felix. The few times I have had to deal with them he always took very good care of me and they recently upgraded my CZ20 to a CZ21 and did it for a great price (less then I was told it would cost). I have had my CZ for going on 20 years now and it works and looks like a new one. Unless something has changed very recently they were excellent the last time I dealt with them.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Call them and talk to Felix. The few times I have had to deal with them he always took very good care of me and they recently upgraded my CZ20 to a CZ21 and did it for a great price (less then I was told it would cost). I have had my CZ for going on 20 years now and it works and looks like a new one. Unless something has changed very recently they were excellent the last time I dealt with them.
I agree with Biggmike.. Felix is the man to speak with . He treated me right when I sent in my CZ 21s to be worked on . ..

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a second hand t2 from ebay and sent it into First texas for repair,they not only fixed it without me having the original warranty,They also paid the return shipping.ended up with a brand new coil and lower shaft for the amazing prize of $10 USD out of pocket. I hope they get you sorted out soon,id really hate to see there customer service go downhill,i really like there teknetics line of detectors.

hh john

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't really think he talked to Felix or First Tex............ He might have talked to the bounty hunter division..... And the one time i talked to them it was not a good thing for me.....And the ones on here that said he should talk to Felix....... I also say the same thing... CALL AND TALK TO FELIX...........................

OP
OP
'bulaDirtDog

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really think he talked to Felix or First Tex............ He might have talked to the bounty hunter division..... And the one time i talked to them it was not a good thing for me.....And the ones on here that said he should talk to Felix....... I also say the same thing... CALL AND TALK TO FELIX...........................

Keppy, It's true I din't talk to Felix at FTP, but I did contact FTP, NOT the other BH division. Here is the link to the website I was at. CONTACT BOUNTY HUNTER

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you would think that some one from FTP would say something here.......

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'bulaDirtDog, if you don't like First Texas, I STRONGLY suggest Fisher Research Labs products (Gold Bug, Gold Bug II). The guys at Fisher are the BEST. Will you do that? www.fisherlab.com TTC

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'bulaDirtDog, if you don't like First Texas, I STRONGLY suggest Fisher Research Labs products (Gold Bug, Gold Bug II). The guys at Fisher are the BEST. Will you do that? www.fisherlab.com TTC

Unfortunately Terry, Fisher research lab products are owned by First Texas. If you had a problem with your fisher products you would be talking to the same Felix on the phone as if you had a B.H.
I remember yelling at Felix when I sent the old 1266x in for a minor repair ....."Please don't change anything!"
Sure enough, when it came back from a toggle switch repair, my battery compartment was totally altered.
If I wanted a new fisher or bounty hunter, I'd go out and buy one but leave that old fisher the way it was!
Not impressed.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Muddy, My remark was a attempt at bieing funny. Both Texas and Fisher ARE the same. Both in El Paso. I knew that. I also know Dave Johnson AND THE CREW are BETTER than the words Dirtdog made them sound like. Maybe Felix had a bad day.... maybe 'buladirtdog had a bad day... but anyone badmouths any detector because of service they got on one day can go pound sand! Sorry, I was due. (never been this EXCITED on this Net before). Moderator: I fully expect a "talking to". I deserve it. Maybe a time-out but please, not the ULTIMATE! I've been here since the '80s... at least, maybe longer. Tnx. TTC

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I've never used a B.H. before, If I did own one, I would find this type of comment insulting.

This rant is about customer service.....not the detectors.

You think because you paid X amount for your MXT that your special?

Come detect with me and my old 1266X and I'll show you how it's done!

good one what nights do you stand up....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions