i will pay a commision

Status
Not open for further replies.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...You make fun of how some one talks .... Then call him a name....Could be you should look in a mirror ........ Any more a lot of name calling here on Tnet is it all the new bees it seems that way...

Keppy i agree with the rude name calling remark, but hate to say it is not all new people ,

Last edited:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is a scam it would take at least 2 people to work The buyer and the seller working together to get your credit info. At least I think that's how it would have to be
I send you cash. You pay my partner with your credit card He has your information I get my money back Plus yours Ya never know

Last edited:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be interesting to see how this works out. If someone gets stung, hope they are man or woman enough to admit it. I also live in a high rent district, so everything I buy is expensive, but I would never ask someone I didnt know, to buy and ship me something. not even a friend. Customs can put any dollar amount on things that are shipped international, and im sure Africa has some hungry customs agents.

This guy might be very nice, but usually successful scammers dont look like scammers. Sorry Skool, thats just how the world is now days, and you should know that. I would work on getting some kind of line of credit, and go from there, or in the extream, go to SA, as someone suggested.

Just a little side note, which has nothing to do with metal detectors. A friend had a house here in Thailand, that he wanted to rent, and the agent called and said he had a customer, coming from Africa, and would be there the next day. So we spent the day trying to figure out how this could be a scam, and we couldnt come up with anything, looked like a sure thing. Next day, the agent came with the customer, the guy looked around and said he will recommend to his boss, that they buy the house. We still couldnt figure out the scam. Well, then next day, my friend talked to the agent, and the agent said the customer wanted the house, but needed $1000, so he could start an account in Thailand to transfer the money. He wanted the agent to loan him the money. Well that was the scam, he was trying to scam the agent, not my friend! There is a lot more going on in the world, than in Small Town USA.

Up to you! as we say here. If it sounds too good to be true, well, you know the rest.

rhoffart

Jan 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy this has scam written all over it. Seen same type of post in a camera forum. You have been warned.

The scam was using PayPal. The money was paid, the camera was sent, it was disputed, said "camera was never received" and was refunded by PayPal. You will be SOL.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy this has scam written all over it. Seen same type of post in a camera forum. You have been warned.

The scam was using PayPal. The money was paid, the camera was sent, it was disputed, said "camera was never received" and was refunded by PayPal. You will be SOL.

he doesn't have paypal, he is sending cash receiver only needs to use cash or buy
prepaid debit/gift card if cash is genuine us bills

Last edited:

rhoffart

Jan 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
he doesn't have paypal, he is sending cash receiver only needs to use cash or buy
prepaid debit/gift card if cash is genuine us bills

Good Luck, hope it is legit.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending cash from Africa? And he isnt worried that someone will just keep his money? Yes, I understand that all TN members are trustworthy, and he has been a member for how long? If this is a great deal, then I hope someone grabs at the chance.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending cash from Africa? And he isnt worried that someone will just keep his money? Yes, I understand that all TN members are trustworthy, and he has been a member for how long? If this is a great deal, then I hope someone grabs at the chance.

No I wouldn't suggest he do it.

from all appearances he is the one who could loose.

and one of the reasons I won't, Even if he gets the detector,
with those distances there would be no promise of warranty buying used.

add to that, after getting the cash, you still need to find what he wants, at what he wants to pay.

Just saying there does not appear to be any attempt at fraud from him,
just a little too much trust in everything falling into place.

& I'd thank you all to give him that respect of not accusiing him of
attempted fraud..... or Don't post.

I don't think that is asking too much

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
No I wouldn't suggest he do it.

from all appearances he is the one who could loose.

This is the first point of failure in this plan.

He mails money from Africa.

The recipient in the US states he never received it, or receives an empty envelope.

...and let me qualify my statement.

I've lived in Angola and Uganda. The odds of cash making out of the country via ANY third party is slim to none.

Now what happens... who blames whom?

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since this man has been asking for around 2 weeks and no one has offered to help him until yesterday , I would say TN members have been very cautious .
Skool has stated what types of MD he wants , he has said he will send cash ( us I hope ) and enough to cover purchase price , shipping and a finder’s fee, he has even named the shipping company and how much it will cost to ship .
So the way I see it , is if someone can afford to buy these 2 MD and hold them , they can give skool the total price to ship them plus purchase price and finder’s fee,, then he sends cash…if no cash comes by agreed time then resale and hope you make your money back ( this is only downfall I see ) . if cash comes send them as agreed .
So if no cash comes you may lose out on some for resale value . but how can he scam you there ? he can’t accuse you of stealing the money and get anything , so he would lose . if you ship it and he claims he never received it you have receipts and again he can’t do anything to you ….

So I am honestly asking and need no hostile remarks ,, how can he scam someone with what has asked ?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
So I am honestly asking and need no hostile remarks ,, how can he scam someone with what has asked ?

Well, let us know how it went after you make the deal. I wish you the best of luck with this transaction.

We are all very interested to know how it turns out for you.

Please post photos of the detectors too, that would be very helpful!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mical: If you care cautious and insure that the funds you are using are all from the chap in Africa,
then I do not see a downside for you. You will, however, be taking on the responsibility of insuring that
the machines are bought, carefully packed (with CUSTOMS paperwork) and shipped off. Once you
transmit the shipping data to the end user I see very little potential blowback.

I feel you are doing a good thing, but caution is definitely warranted. I have little doubt
about the sincerity of the request, however as said getting the funds out of Africa might
be the most challenging part.

My 2 cents worth.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good idea about posting pics.

but as i posted a couple days ago, father of 6 with 4 still at home means i do not have the cash to buy 2 more MD .. i got a great deal from TNGUNS on a used MD when i joined this site .

if money was not a issue for me i would do this ....and i know that no one has said it , but yes i am a trusting person , it was the way i was raised and yes i have been scammed multiple times . but you know how i look at it , i did not get scammed, i did what i did to help some one and had the best intentions.
Now if they lied to me to get money then that is between them and there god or conscious.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
but as i posted a couple days ago, father of 6 with 4 still at home means i do not have the cash to buy 2 more MD .. i got a great deal from TNGUNS on a used MD when i joined this site .

He said he would send the cash FIRST. No out of pocket expense for you. You only have to negotiate the amount of your commission.

. i will send my money first then u buy to me, i will pay the price and shipping and the commision, i'm going to send my money cash via a registered air mail (3-4 bussines days to arrive)
the commision is negotiable PM please

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a forum based in South Africa, wouldn't it make more sense to buy one locally? At least in the same part of the world? Metal Detecting Forums South Africa - Index

Yep. Why not send funds to a reputable dealer who is experienced in shipping and can back up product. Less risky than fishing for a straw man who could ship less than desired. If one thinks they have the upper hand ,often there is a reason. Not saying some thing is fishy,but i smell fish. Were actual cash sent it would be a freshly laundered scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions