jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread has been an interesting case study on morality and it seems to reinforce a growing trend in North America.
Do we alienate our existing population to protect the rights of a small minority?
Moderators do a fantastic job of making this forum fair to all on a daily basis and I thank you for this. :thumbsup:
Have they gone too far in this case?
Putting the issue of whether this is a scam or not aside, has the question morality been overlooked when protecting this unknown stranger from Africa?
Do the concerns and opinions of long standing T-Net members not outweigh the need to protect a new member who has not contributed to this forum yet?
It’s not up to me to judge whether Skool deserves to be protected at the expense of upsetting other members.
I do have a right to state the obvious which has been pointed out by several people already…….
IT IS ILLEGAL FOR SKOOL TO SEND CASH OUT OF HIS COUNTRY!
That’s the morality I speak of that should have squashed this notion from the very start!
I wish the best of luck to Skool but I feel the good members of T-net have value in what they express here.
Just like how I am free to express my observation.
Am I?
:dontknow:
Cheers,
Dave.

Muddyhandz, I do not know that it is Illegal to send U.S. Dollars
out of his country to purchase something.

It may be,

however it may only be illegal to send his countries money out,
in order to invest or hoard elsewhere

HistoryHunterMike

user-online.png
Ok if you did not do a Google search for "419 scams" here is how one of them works. The person in Africa buys something from you and sends you a check (I know he said cash but that could change and you would not be suspect) anyway they send you a check, you take it to the bank and deposit it and yes your bank will accept it. Then you pay to send stuff. All is good well not really cause in a month or more when the check does not clear your on the hook for the funds.

Now lets just say this guy is on the up and up. More than likely he wants detectors to resell he even states they cost too much in his country. Would be a nice little business buy cheap in the US from unsuspecting good people, resell at twice the cost.

A fool and his money are soon parted!

for the last time, nothing needed to be purchased
till the cash was in hand. If someone received something else,
a picture here would have been good for a big Chuckle.
Nothing more or less. and the Check or whatever Discarded.
Nobody but an idiot would have been in danger.

Yes I give our members more credit, &
Don't believe in a society of baby sitters

cw0909

user-offline.png

for Tnet members,
i didnt wade through everything ,but i do believe we/us citizens, can not ship anything there
no fedex to sudan if you check ups same thing
Due to the current Trade embargo, we currently offer no services to or from Sudan.
FedEx Home - FedEx International Shipping, Tracking, Express Delivery
sanctions on sudan
Sudan Sanctions
i used simple search term (sudan sanctions*) the asterisk is important for search terms
more
eCFR ? Code of Federal Regulations
simple search/ simple search term (sudan sanctions*) the asterisk is important
eCFR ? Code of Federal Regulations
skool internet service map
Khartoum in Sudan - Google Maps

Due to this,
it looks like this whole enterprise was an exercise in Futility,
And My suggestion Skool try to purchase from a country not
blocking Importation.

Good Luck My Friend !

this thread is closed