i will pay a commision

Status
Not open for further replies.

skool

Feb 15, 2013
in the heart of africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i'm overseas i have no credit card to buy from ebay, i need someone to buy and ship to me
i will pay a commision to him.
i want to buy 2 used detectors goldbug-2 and minelab (GPX4000 or GP3500 or GP3000) and garmin GPS. i will send my money first then u buy to me, i will pay the price and shipping and the commision, i'm going to send my money cash via a registered air mail (3-4 bussines days to arrive)
the commision is negotiable PM please

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you get any takers...
were are the detectors listed at...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What country? Some of them have some horrid import duty's and restrictions.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd beware of this! I got a "Flirty" personal message from this one............?????????? sounds like those scams that if you send money you get money and they turn out to be fake checks or money orders.......Seemed strange to get a mail like that.........Just saying

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally Posted by skool
first my country is not somalia, usps shipping cost is 77$ for a Maximum weight 20 pounds
Priority Mail® International Large Flat Rate Box
23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3"
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

his country is Sudan .

I could be wrong but i think he is being honest .

He has been trying to find some one to work with him for a couple weeks now and because there are alot of scams out there every one is afraid to help him.

If i had the spare money to buy a 2nd MD and hold it until i received his cash i would do it .
but honestly , with 4 kids i barely had the money to buy the first one for me and my son to share ...was bought at my 12 yr olds request as a hobby for both of us to do.

Only thing that really worries me is are there laws about receiving cash via mail out of country ?
if not then i see no issue , hold the MD until you get the cash , confirm its not fake then send the MD .

anyone see any flaws with that ? and please dont be a jerk if you dont agree , just give the reason why you disagree if you do .

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Importing MD's into Africa is, lets say, busy... They are looking for quality machines for gold prospecting.

I've lived in several countries in Africa, so I know how the system works. I'm wondering what country this fellow is from.

Some are legit, others are not.

There are large inherent risks involved in making any overseas sale or export. Regulations, duty's and fees can often cost more than the item being shipped. When sending electronics overseas, some US Export regulations may come into play as well. I've not researched that yet for these items.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Originally
Priority Mail® International Large Flat Rate Box
23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3"
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

The only thing that would fit in that box is the GPS.

The detectors will cost considerably more to ship.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't recommend anyone do something I wouldn't. however if some one decides to,

he claims he is sending cash First.
as long as it's U.s. Cash,

it Should be simple enough When you get the cash, if your not sure,
Take it to the bank And ask if it's real. If it is, use it to purchase & send the detectors.
If fake, Post here you received an empty package,
counterfeit bills, foreign bills, or what he promised :dontknow:

I'm surprised one of our dealers havn't a way to help him if he sends cash first

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There certainly are no restrictions on shipping a metal detector to Sudan. This is from the USPS site
on Mailing Restrictions, specific to Sudan:

"Prohibitions (130)

Arms and their spare parts.

Coins; banknotes; currency notes (paper money); traveler’s checks; securities payable to bearer; platinum, gold or silver, manufactured or not; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles.

Liquids, easily liquefiable items, and glass or similarly fragile articles.

Perishable infectious biological substances.

Perishable noninfectious biological substances.

Playing cards.

Radioactive materials.

Seditious literature.

Unginned cotton.

Banknotes greater than 2 Sudanese pounds in value are admitted ONLY in registered First-Class Mail International or First-Class Package International Service shipments.

Used clothing must be accompanied by a health certificate issued by the official health authorities. "

From what I understand in Skools post, he will send the money to buy the machines + shipping costs to
his location, first, and then once you receive the funds, you purchase the machines and ship them to him.
Very understandable, especially if none of the distributors are willing to ship to Sudan. Question is, why won't they?

Could be due to agreements they (distributors) have with the manufacturers of the detectors, and the manufacturers
likely have other assigned distributors under contract for selling in Sudan, and quite possibly, for some, it may
even under a different brand name.

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd beware of this! I got a "Flirty" personal message from this one............?????????? sounds like those scams that if you send money you get money and they turn out to be fake checks or money orders.......Seemed strange to get a mail like that.........Just saying

Damn...I didnt get one yet :laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I won't recommend anyone do something I wouldn't. however if some one decides to,

he claims he is sending cash First.
as long as it's U.s. Cash,

it Should be simple enough When you get the cash, if your not sure,
Take it to the bank And ask if it's real. If it is, use it to purchase & send the detectors.
If fake, Post here you received an empty package,
counterfeit bills, foreign bills, or what he promised :dontknow:

I'm surprised one of our dealers havn't a way to help him if he sends cash first
..... Yes he sounds on the up & up to me........ And i wondered why no dealers took him up on it...... Could be to much work for a dealer ....... Hey you are getting the cash up front... Whats the problem...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There certainly are no restrictions on shipping a metal detector to Sudan. This is from the USPS site
on Mailing Restrictions, specific to Sudan:

"Prohibitions (130)

Playing cards.

:nono: Playing Cards :icon_scratch: Do they have a wide spread gambling problem over there :dontknow: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that this guy has a cousin who is a king and needs some to help him bank 'millions' over here.:treasurechest: It only costs a bit up front, but you can make millions.:icon_scratch:, perhaps his cousin could help him?:icon_thumright:

he is not asking for money , or personal Info please at least respect him on that.

the most he will need to ask for is address or PO box in order to send the cash

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Having talked to my customers over the years there are several foreign country's that the only way they get mail from/to the U.S. is through REGISTERED Mail. Regular mail/ packages NEVER get there. It gets pricey to do that. Food for thought.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having talked to my customers over the years there are several foreign country's that the only way they get mail from/to the U.S. is through REGISTERED Mail. Regular mail/ packages NEVER get there. It gets pricey to do that. Food for thought.

Is that you NEWMAN :dontknow: :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

skool

Feb 15, 2013
in the heart of africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only thing that would fit in that box is the GPS.

The detectors will cost considerably more to ship.

shipping cost is 154$ , i will pay it
the box size is :
length: 25"
height: 10"
width: 17"
the maximum weight is 20lb = 9kg
goldbug weight is : 2.9lb = 1.3 kg
gpx weight 3.4 kg
total weight is 4.7 kg maximum is 9kg
add the extra to the total it will not reach 9kg
chech that is here at USPS:

International Price Calculator
inter country name and then select Large Package Any dimension over 12"
then here :
International Price Calculator
enter the height and width and lenght.
i think that is enough for 2 detectors

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skool,I apologize,the more I follow you the more I am apt to beleive you and wish you all the luck in the world.I give you an A for effort,I dont think a scammer would have put in as much as he has

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skool and I have chatted through personal messages. He seems sincere, but I don't think he understands most of us are not going to get off of our bottoms for him and do the hard work of buying the used machines (and he has to trust WE know what we are buying for him - bad move), packing them up, then filling out the customs paperwork and shipping by REGISTERED Mail (because when it is stolen in Sudan between the airplane and the post office we will have proof we sent it), for a $50.00 comission. I told him for what he wants he needs to send the buyer $3,500.00 minimum. What say you all?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skool

Feb 15, 2013
in the heart of africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Skool and I have chatted through personal messages. He seems sincere, but I don't think he understands most of us are not going to get off of our bottoms for him and do the hard work of buying the used machines (and he has to trust WE know what we are buying for him - bad move), packing them up, then filling out the customs paperwork and shipping by REGISTERED Mail (because when it is stolen in Sudan between the airplane and the post office we will have proof we sent it), for a $50.00 comission. I told him for what he wants he needs to send the buyer $3,500.00 minimum. What say you all?

u have to be fair and honist i did not say to u the commision is 50$
u have to know that some people do the help for free, not packing detectors they do more than that, they sacrificed themself and died for others to live.
and in case that i offered u a commision u r free to accept it. and if u dont like it , it is so easy to leave it.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Skool, you did not. I am making a point, not quoting you. In this Country, most folks are way too busy to go out of their way to do something like this for less than a a couple-hundred bucks. Your estimates of what a good used GPX 4000 and a GB II will cost are low - period. Be clear on what you you will pay as a fee, and what your budget is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread