Mar 5, 2013
Gainesville, Fla.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted a form in another thread and the topic of how to approach home/property owners came up. I was thinking as more and more public areas become off-limits to us, soon the only places left will be private property. So quickly the usual routs for contacting home owners, knocking on doors, classified websites and by snail mail (there are many more). How ever you contact a property owner you need to offer them something besides wanting to just dig on their land. I'm sure as more and more people see the show Digger's the expectation of monetary reward of owners will increase. They now know their property has value. Anyway I digress.

In your ad or when you knock on the door or in your ads do not just ask "hey I want to dig on your land" Use your old equipment as loaners and offer to teach them or their children or both the art of metal detecting. Hey it might just get their kids away from the computer for a couple of hours. So do not get rid of old equipment but instead become an ambassador for our sport and use it as a loaner and along the way you just might develop some lasting friendships.

Please post your ideas for getting access to private land.

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But if you give them a detector that can't find squat and you find all the good stuff they mite catch on...
it all depends on what you mean by "old"out dated equipment "mine labs are never ever out dated"
Hand them an ace 2fiddy which is one of the better detectors from garret crank it up all the way for them and sit back and smile
while you and your white's pulse scan clean them right out
I think them shows are ruining it for us, like Hitler said when he asked for permission they want to see the camera crew
the bulldozer then they slam the door in his face before they call the cops.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy
this been on my mind for a while
are you as sexy in person as your avid-tar
no-then personal I thought you hailed
from Menominee michigan
I go down there some time
like to hook up find some gold

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy
this been on my mind for a while
are you as sexy in person as your avid-tar
no-then personal I thought you hailed
from Menominee michigan
I go down there some time
like to hook up find some gold
... No i am not sexy i am a old dog that has been at this for 40 years............ An i live in ohio at the Pa. line .. Were you are is the gold country we have no gold down here to speak of.......................And man you must be about 12 hours or more from were i am....You are way up there.......

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not belittle or talk down to members or you will not be posting. Nothing wrong with asking permission from landowners to hunt.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike , a great idea ... and i get what ya mean about keeping the old stuff , that way if property owner takes you up on the offer you have spare to let them use .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread