Is it me or does Lost Treasure Magazine stink with their customer service???

b7seas

Aug 12, 2012
Northern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-2 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

uriline

Greenie
Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, I knew the guy who owned Lost Treasure years ago and he told me that most of the stories in the mag, he made up. Just passing on the info as was told to me.

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that you mention it, I never got my free copy. forgot all about it

OP
OP
B

b7seas

Aug 12, 2012
Northern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-2 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent in for my trial subscription, a month later I got a invoice for a full year subscription. I paid for it before I ever got the "trial". It took 4 months to get the first magazine. 3 months in to the years subscription and they want to stop my current magazines because I haven't paid up for another year which I never ordered. Too much of a hassle for me. I told them to drop the whole thing. I figure I can do them more harm on here. I also sent a note to the people that gave me the free trial offer. It just stinks that soooo many people are out to rip off whom ever they can.

Bob

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
They did the same to me and the mag isn't worth the ink anymore . They might as well rename it American Diggers Mag or diggers mag . It was a good read at one time ... to bad . IMHO , Woodstock
Now that you mention it, I never got my free copy. forgot all about it

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I HAVE NOT TOOK LOST TREASURE FOR 3 YEARS NOW....To me something was not right..

mlamp20412

Apr 26, 2008
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There actually is an American Digger magazine that is geared to relic and bottle collecting and hunting. It is an excellent magazine in my opinion. Savage use to write a nice column on fake relics for them (ironic). He used the magazine's name for his show without consent, which is why I suspect the name of his show has been changed. Real shame, his column was informative.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I subscibed when I was younger for a couple years but I never found the magazine to be to great.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It is overpriced. I get 12 mags a month and pay only $12 a year or less for every one of them. The ads pay for the mag, The sub price is all profit. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is good information. I use to subscribe a number of years back, but $30 plus dollars was a lot of money so I canceled it. I just sent in the free trial offer card with last detector purchase, I guess I will have to write CANCEL on the bill when it shows up. I only subscribed again so that I could review the mag to see if anything changed, apparently it hasn't. That's really too bad, I wish was had a mag that was worth it's salt and didn't cost an arm and a leg to read. Perhaps we should start our own. hmmmm there is a thought. . . .

PTP

kwkstar

Aug 2, 2009
Ossian. IN
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 30
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNET magazine? A new mag possibility.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions