Who can sell items for me ???

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
Hi all, I've got a house full of many items that i'd like to sell such as books, knives, collectables, antiques, furniture, sporting items, etc. etc. etc., I have not had any luck in getting responses from craigslist or the local classified ads, I am not too tech savvy and don't trust myself trying to sell things on ebay, and the local auctioneers only seem to want to deal in the high end antiques. I was wondering if anyone might know of a better way to try to sell some stuff ???, or do you know of any sellers that specialize in sellings others items for them ???. There are no consignment shops in my area, andi am kind of at a loss in trying to figure out how and where i might be able to sell some items, or find someone to sell them for me and we split the proceeds. Does anyone have any suggestions ???. Thanks.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any storage units in your area? Make a deal with the owner when a auction is in the near future. Fill it and split the proceeds. This way you can get rid of all the junk pieces. Put some good stuff in front. Just a idea. Works here.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Try a yard sale, and advertise a week in advance the types of items you have for sale, as you have done here. Saturday and Sunday are the busiest days.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many people that willsell your stuff for 25 to 33% you take the pics, figure out the required shipping , set a min. price and they will do the rest// send me a PM and I will see if My daughter is interested ?? she sells on EBAY all the time. Perry

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Try a yard sale, and advertise a week in advance the types of items you have for sale, as you have done here. Saturday and Sunday are the busiest days.
...Yes a yard sale is good when the weather get's better............. And i get rid of a lot of my items big and small at fle mkt's.............

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Either have a yard sale yourself or pay a company to hold a professionally run estate sale for you.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would personally try to learn ebay & if your stuff is of any value say 20$ and up a yard sale in my area ,most people want to pay itttle or nothing for the good stuff ;kinda like a pawn shop. Best of luck & dont get taken.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take your stuff to the local bars at night someone will buy. Or ask the bartender about there 10 number boards and if they would sell your items for you or they will let you do it for a percentage of the sale.

Years ago people used to sell frozen meat on a ten number board at the bars and made a good profit. They bought the meat with food stamps.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be interested in knives if they are pre-1950 and in near un-used condition. Don't know where you are in Maine, but around here there are a lot of people who will list your stuff on ebay for a 20-30% fee.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hire someone to sit down with you, set up an ebay and Paypal account, and go through the process of selling a few times. Once you have everything in place it's a simple process and you only have to change the picture, description, price and category. I started off that same way and it's not near as difficult as you might think it is. And if you run into any problems you will always have your helper to stop by, or at that point you could most likely just ask the question here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread