Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a lone wolf, but I have no trouble working with a partner, human or animal, like blue. Frank...
... Frankn.... I am a lone wolf also.... Like you i have no problem working with others........... But when it comes down to it i would rather hunt alone............ Could be why i enjoyed the life of a truck driver..........And still do... But i come home every night ... i will not take any loads that have me stay over night..........For i like being with my wife.........

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like being alone sometimes, gives me time to think and clear my head. I don't like being around big crowds, makes me uncomfortable. But I do like to be around family and friends. Talk to people on the river or whatever. But I do like my alone time. Don't think I could handle just me(although I have great conversation with the voice's in my head), being alone is just, well to lonely.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... Frankn.... I am a lone wolf also.... Like you i have no problem working with others........... But when it comes down to it i would rather hunt alone............ Could be why i enjoyed the life of a truck driver..........And still do... But i come home every night ... i will not take any loads that have me stay over night..........For i like being with my wife.........

I am like that too for the most part. I am married as well but if I could stay at home for the rest of my life and not have to react with others I am all for it. I don't mind hanging with people it is just that I prefer to be by myself with my pups.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a big difference between surrounding yourself with a select few and preferring to be alone for short periods of time versus living a life of pure solitude. You would be talking to a volleyball too.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Like i said i like to be alone .... with my wife , kids , and a few friends.............. But i am more or less a lone wolf.. When in the truck i am alone and love it.... i hunt most of the time alone....... I am not a joiner... I do not belong to any clubs. of any type......... but i am not a hermit........

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ignore this person. Only posting to spread their signature line spam link.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like being alone sometimes, gives me time to think and clear my head. I don't like being around big crowds, makes me uncomfortable. But I do like to be around family and friends. Talk to people on the river or whatever. But I do like my alone time. Don't think I could handle just me(although I have great conversation with the voice's in my head), being alone is just, well to lonely.

The voices. It's not good to hear the voices.

codyleemilam

Greenie
Sep 16, 2012
Humans must have social activity a great way you can see what they do when there alone is the movie castaway were his best friend is a volleyball named Wilson. If you live on your own u may start talking to your self and items which is normal unless they start talking back to you

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nasa did some studies and after 100 days your considered nuts.....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nasa did some studies and after 100 days your considered nuts.....
.... You see the problem with that is ... Every one on this planet is already a little nut's..........So they are just telling us what we already know.....

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's the real situation: There are two types of people. There are the originators that create or do things on there own and really need no support from others. They get there support from actually doing things for themselves. Then there are the other type. The type that create in a group. They do need the the recognition and support of others. These are the type that sit and watch sports activity and cheer when there team makes a goal as if they had something to do with it. It's just the group mentality. Yep loners and groupies. This should stir the pot. Frank...

0001.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I'm taking everything with me, providing it fits in the coffin.
The only thing you can take with you, indeed MUST take with you, is your reputation. Make sure it is one your family will be proud of! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's the real situation: There are two types of people. There are the originators that create or do things on there own and really need no support from others. They get there support from actually doing things for themselves. Then there are the other type. The type that create in a group. They do need the the recognition and support of others. These are the type that sit and watch sports activity and cheer when there team makes a goal as if they had something to do with it. It's just the group mentality. Yep loners and groupies. This should stir the pot. Frank...

View attachment 761728
Frankn. Your thoughts are worthy of a much longer response but let me just ask... except to make money, what would be the purpose of a team if there was no audience? A deep discussion for sure! TTC

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd rather metal detect or fly fish and bow hunt alone.

Other activities it's great to share. And by God's good graces I married my best friend and after 33 years of marriage I can't imagine trying to cope without her. I'd just be sloggng through the motions. Sometimes you need somene to cover your 6:00.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread