200 plus years of history gone ... N my truck

H

Holly_squirrel

This just frustrated me so.... Relic lovers will surely understand... And guys with trucks.. Lol. Less then a year ago... Lightening hit a tree knocking power lines onto the tin roof ..... And burnt my truck and the neighbors barn.

image-3600039890.jpg

We woke up to this in our driveway in the middle of the night.

image-2601012909.jpg

200 plus year old barn.

image-2918259707.jpg

My truck:(

image-1473711950.jpg

Before the fire

image-4012195025.jpg

Week before

image-840757585.jpg

I begged my neighbor to let me salvage what I could from the wreckage. She told me wait till after Insurance came out. I came home from work few days later to see this. They turned everything under! Tons n tons of old iron tools :( and who knows what else .
Footnote, only one animal we know of was in the barn... My kitty:( she didnt make it out. But that's hurts to much to talk about. Just didnt want ya'all to think it was filled with animals.

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....Sorry to hear that....Cat especially. Trucks can be replaced, and as for the barn, I guess the silver lining could be a friendly neighbor with a place to hunt when you want to stick close to home? It's a reach....;)

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

CleenSweep said:
Wow....Sorry to hear that....Cat especially. Trucks can be replaced, and as for the barn, I guess the silver lining could be a friendly neighbor with a place to hunt when you want to stick close to home? It's a reach....;)

I'd gladly give up the truck and barn for my cat. That was awful and traumatic ... I finally found her a week later in the ruins. I looked everywhere for her, posted flyers.. Couldn't imagine a cat wouldn't have gotten out of there ... Open doors, busted windiws . Thanks though.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Oh and no, I'm not allowed to dig where the barn was it's all graded and seeded

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you couldn't have salvaged the old tools. Fire wouldn't have damaged them at all. Old iron tools are very collectible.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

pa plateau hiker said:
Too bad you couldn't have salvaged the old tools. Fire wouldn't have damaged them at all. Old iron tools are very collectible.

I'm Hoping I know when they leave for vacation... Lol

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm so sorry about your cat. May she rest in peace.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Mzjavert said:
I'm so sorry about your cat. May she rest in peace.

Ty. It was a very upsetting ending for a sweetheart of a girl

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry four loss,
Bill
[/SIZE]

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Ty Bill, that was nice . I like to think that all animals , regardless of wether or not they were loved by someone.... Will all have a place in a heaven.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and no, I'm not allowed to dig where the barn was it's all graded and seeded

I don't know if this is true or not. Anyway an old friend told me that he once seeded a neighbor's lawns with turnip seeds. He said as the tops are mowed the turnip below the ground gets bigger. Basically once they matured, and dug up, the neighbor had to redo his front yard.

I'm sure you are too nice of a person to do something like this... "Oh gee, sorry about your bad luck. The contractor must have gotten a hold of some contaminated seed."...just to get another crack at MDing the area. Still it's fun to Fantasize.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread