I actually took the time too watch 5 episodes of Ric Savage BOOM BABY!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I watched 5 episodes of Ric Savage BOOM BABY on the request of a good friend of mine in Stafford,Virginia who runs a civil war museum! I have tried to stay welll clear of this show after the 1st few episodes when they had it called American Digger but since the guy who runs American Digger magazine broke off the contract with Ric Savage the first year and they had to rechange the name! that was probably the best move American Digger magazine could make they were under the impression it was not going to be the way it was.

I want to say I fell out of my chair a number of times while watching the show while it made me lmao for entertainment purposes the relics they were pulling out of the ground are mostly completely bogus.

I saw the episode where they went down too Louisiana (you can watch this full episode on spike.com) and they dug into a civil war hospital they dug the hole out at least 6-7 feet deep and found a complete surgeon medical kit and ended up selling it for like $7,000. I edited the episode and went to work today and used a high digital computer software too zoom in and out on the hole, now this will only make sense to people who have dug into huts and old 19th century houses/buildings before but I did not see one sign of ash,brick or anything in that nature in the spot they were digging in. They found the surgical kit about 5-6 feet deep and it was the only thing they found and you could clearly tell the artifacts were placed there. My father has a huge collection of Civil War surgical tools which mostly all are displayed at a museum and having grown up on property that use to be a civil war hospital and digging countless surgical tools I can tell you 100% that episode was faked, now the soil was sandy and rich but that still doesn't account for what I saw and also know one in their right mind would pay that kind of price for what he found unless they were super super rich and had no idea but the guy he was selling it to was suppose to be a expert.

I think the show is good for entertainment purposes but it really really does make MDers look awful and selling stuff at unheard of prices. I think Ric is a nice person and maybe had to go about doing this for a incoming but I can def. see why people are getting upset!

Last edited:

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just my humble opine, and I'm extremely new to this sport (Yes SPORT.....at least when u haven't trudged through woods and used a shovel in any way shape or form in a few years), But having watched that show only a few times, I got the immediate impression that what he is doing for "Metal Detecting", is kinda likened to guy who catches big fish.....using dynamite.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the first few episodes, I vowed I wouldn't watch it because its completely bogus. But it's just so bad that its just hysterical, and I keep on watching, waiting to see what they plant and dig up. I really like the life size statute that they dug at a plantation. It required scaffolding and a winch to get it out, and of course the Savages had that in the back of their vehicle.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised that after watching that garbage you had enough IQ points to post this,these fake shows have been known to drain brain cells.

I'm glad to see that you made a full recovery. :)

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on. ALL of these "Find 'em" Shows are faked... Storage wars, diggers, american digger... so on. The CLOSEST to real is possibly American Pickers, but they are starting to resort to faked picks (Show up at a museum and the Rock Star, owner just happens to want to sell surplus? Sure...)

I am hoping that someday they will come out with a more realistic one... I doubt it, but I can hope...

I think I am going to have to go out and start filming my own show.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are on thin ice. I caught H*** for suggesting the shows are fake. There are some folks on here that really like them and totally jump to the defense of the show. Nothing on TV or in the movies is real, nothing. It's scripted and phony. Basically all it's doing is ruining our hobby, making everyone think that we are finding stuff worth thousands every time we go out, and it gets harder to get permission to hunt private property.

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
When I first watched it I knew it was fake. I continued to watch the show just to pick out all the things wrong with it (which isn't like me).

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The people who write the shows,produce,direct, etc,etc,the same as politicians,think the general public as morons.Thats why stupid idiotic shows are mass produced.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are on thin ice. I caught H*** for suggesting the shows are fake. There are some folks on here that really like them and totally jump to the defense of the show. Nothing on TV or in the movies is real, nothing. It's scripted and phony. Basically all it's doing is ruining our hobby, making everyone think that we are finding stuff worth thousands every time we go out, and it gets harder to get permission to hunt private property.

That was probably from a user here called "Montana Gold"
That is either George or Tim. (from 'diggers' I think it's George)
They get upset at any and all references to all of the shows even if it's not theirs.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
That was probably from a user here called "Montana Gold"
That is either George Wyant or Tim Saylor. (from 'diggers' I think it's George)
They get upset at any and all references to all of the shows even if it's not theirs.

I guess they dont want the truth getting out:laughing9:FAKE,FAKE,FAKE

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm only bringing out the fact of the Civil War hospital dig when your digging into a old structure like that as you know Boson your going to come out with heck of a lot of glass,ash,brick and more relics than just a surgical kit that they sold for $7,000 or some dollars. I did not see any other pieces of artifacts they dug and zooming in and out of the hole for almost two hours today of that episode I could not see wth or what made them think the medical kit was 5 feet deep. Like Ric didn't say "well I am digging up old bricks, glass, pottery and ash so we gotta keep digging" it was just dig dig dig then hit gold basically. My father has collected Civil War surgical stuff for 40 years and this episode got to me I don't know which episodes are or are not fake but I can tell you that hospital dig was staged!

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah? Just switch the channel and watch Honey Boo Boo. You'll go back to Boom Baby in a flash. But be careful. Watch more than 30 seconds of Honey Boo Boo and your high school will call and revoke your diploma. Same trailer-Different Park...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread