Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this has cropped up a number of times on Treasurenet....but how come some no brainer finds don't make the Banner :icon_scratch: I know the critera for the Banner...Story, picture uploaded to T.Net server, usually newposters don't make it, ect. But some posters seem to me have had a Raw deal and should have made the Banner...Here is two I believe should have gone straight up top.

Please feel free to add outher posts, that you think missed out.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...tton-albert-w1-17a-wreath-star-rrr-yikes.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/339276-colonial-copper-kinda-day.html

SS

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up trying to figure it out Colin.....long time ago....pretty much everything Devonex has posted should have made it....especially his run on ultra rare buttons.....he never did.Its not right to ask for your own find to,and I dont care that it didnt but I made a find of an extremely rare piece(I have actually never seen another...have heard of others....but never seen one)I posted it years ago,and it never made it.....now I guess its not a recent find so cant?Just doesnt make sense?

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up trying to figure it out Colin.....long time ago....pretty much everything Devonex has posted should have made it....especially his run on ultra rare buttons.....he never did.Its not right to ask for your own find to,and I dont care that it didnt but I made a find of an extremely rare piece(I have actually never seen another...have heard of others....but never seen one)I posted it years ago,and it never made it.....now I guess its not a recent find so cant?Just doesnt make sense?
It's a real shame when great finds don't make it up there, I mean that's the whole point of the banner isn't it.

SS

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is just no ryme or reason........Really caused me to lose all faith with Devonex' not making it with any of his finds.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is just no ryme or reason........Really caused me to lose all faith with Devonex' not making it with any of his finds.
There was a Gold Coin find recently that did not make the banner, I can not remember that happening before?

SS

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now you should know from being around any club or organization........ They are all the same..... It is about who you are friends with ..who likes you..who you know.........They are always the ones that always make the head lines........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes enough members don't vote banner, posting "banner find" in thread does not count, member has to vote banner, rairty is a factor as in if there are currently simular finds on the banner the odds of another one making it on banner are less............

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes enough members don't vote banner, posting "banner find" in thread does not count, member has to vote banner, rairty is a factor as in if there are currently simular finds on the banner the odds of another one making it on banner are less............
T H...What if members sre unsure of the find, or the significance, there are a couple up there that don't even have a story, not that they are not worthy, but I thought this was part of the Banner.

I agree about the voting to a point, but the two finds in the links I posted, should have been automatic banners.....just my thoughts :icon_thumright:

SS

Last edited:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a guy here a few weeks ago who dug a Buckle that had "1935" on it. Even though it's no CS buckle or confederate breast plate I thought it was really awesome buckle that should have been displayed on banner finds. I agree some stuff even if it's not that valuable should be banner find.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are there specific guidelines for a banner vote?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions