Saxon gold hoard

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hoard

was found with a "modified white's spectrum"... "Yea baby"...watched it last night on "Nat-Geo channel".... two other people were there before him but... "found no-then".... the two must of been using the... "ace 2 fiddy"... the white's spectrum was pulling targets out at depth of over 14 + inches deep ...it's on you tube if any one is interested... what a story... type in "Saxon gold: finding the hoard"...them guys over there have all the fun...I'm half English.. my gram-Pa came here too get away from the war at the time ..and ended up working the copper mines up here.... they all so Mencken a bout "night hawks" people who go out at night and plunder the fields with night vision.... and how they lose there history....the T.V version had sub titles that made it more interesting....

liftloop

The Gray Fox

Nov 14, 2012
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DVR'd that last night. I would love to do some digging over there. Too bad I only have an Ace 2 Fiddy.

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Love the Farmer and guy who found it! Could not have happened to a couple of better guys! There's so many hoards of goodies just waiting to be found out there. That's what keeps us all goin' here!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called BS on the "modified" detector, although I liked the show. When they showed his modified sounds on targets I thought they all sounded like crap. My first thought was, "I'd never swing a detector that sounded like that"

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but what do you swing
it's not listed

I'm not a fan on tone i.d

but it must of sounded like sum-then to get him to dig
he did mention a bout his detector never sounding like that before
trying to spit out all the sounds at wonce

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Farmer and guy who found it! Could not have happened to a couple of better guys! There's so many hoards of goodies just waiting to be found out there. That's what keeps us all goin' here!!
No longer freinds now I'm afraid...they fell out over the money, and just lately the Archy's have found a second Gold hoard on the same field, which by the way, the finder of the first is entitled to half of the value, along with the farmer/landowner.

SS

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
No longer freinds now I'm afraid...they fell out over the money, and just lately the Archy's have found a second Gold hoard on the same field, which by the way, the finder of the first is entitled to half of the value, along with the farmer/landowner.

SS

It's amazing how money can fire up greed and the ' It's mine' emotions. They both got $1. something million and it's looks like even more now. The finder ran out and bought a new car and the landowner built a new house. They are both far better off than before. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS

At least they both got something. Over here in the US the government would confiscate it all and you'd end up with nothing. The Brits have the best laws pertaining to this type of stuff.

If you ever get the chance, try to find the show "Lucky Muckers". It's about a guy from Chicago going over to hunt the Thames River with a local group who is licensed to do so. Interesting stuff. They don't find a lot of treausres but the show does a great job of showing why Great Britain's laws are much better than ours when it comes to treasure hunting.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I called BS on the "modified" detector, although I liked the show. When they showed his modified sounds on targets I thought they all sounded like crap. My first thought was, "I'd never swing a detector that sounded like that"

The XLT is totally adjustable. In the advanced settings you you can adjust things that most people have never heard about. There is a book out on how to custom tune it. This is in addition to the regular and custom setting programs. Frank... 111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least they both got something. Over here in the US the government would confiscate it all and you'd end up with nothing. The Brits have the best laws pertaining to this type of stuff.

If you ever get the chance, try to find the show "Lucky Muckers". It's about a guy from Chicago going over to hunt the Thames River with a local group who is licensed to do so. Interesting stuff. They don't find a lot of treausres but the show does a great job of showing why Great Britain's laws are much better than ours when it comes to treasure hunting.
Yes Chicargo Ron, seen it, he goes with the Mudlarks...check out there site. THAMES MUDLARKING IN LONDON

SS

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Over here, the government would never hear about it! Before 1996 it was finders/keepers over there. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over here, the government would never hear about it! Before 1996 it was finders/keepers over there. Frank...

View attachment 764227
The Treasure act is very good, when it comes to Large Historical finds such as this, but it still has huge flaws, regarding smaller items.

SS

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
too find a treasure chest full of gold silver and jewels from a pirates ship on the beach
but a nosy person walked up on you when your digging what do you do
do you still get it after it hits the news

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
too find a treasure chest full of gold silver and jewels from a pirates ship on the beach
but a nosy person walked up on you when your digging what do you do
do you still get it after it hits the news

Well, you offer them a small cut to help you carry it to your vehicle. That way no one tells. lol Frank...
111-1 profileRED.jpg

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
isn't that the dream to come true
probably have too thank me garret box loop for that one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions