Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Liftloop and Keppy...... You guys should rent a room.

Kennith one thing I think might be a problem is going from silent search machines (Whites) to another brand (which may sound like a lot of chatter) but that could be intentional.
I use a really noisy machine and I like it that way. It's sending a whole lot of audio information for me to read.
Cheers,
Dave.
I have heard of folks running the Xp Goldmaxx Power unstable, it gives greater depth, but you have to consentrate harder.

SS

OP
OP
K

Kennethm

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my first machine in early 70es . Was a whites dealer for several years. I have learned over the years that what you need in a detector is the ability to tune out mineral content in the ground and the depth you can find coins. Some detectors are better than others at this. Price comes down on the new ones with the bells and whistles after a while. If they do not find coins deeper they are not worth the price. I have used the old Whites like the coinmaster 6 for years. I only hear sound when I have a target that I want to dig. I do not like the false signals that the bounty hunter 505 gives. The newer ones may go deeper on coins but the ones that I have tried do not impress me with more depth. I bought the 505 to try . I am 70 years old will stay with what I know works. Sent my old coinmaster back to Whites and had it repaired will use it .coinmaster has paid for itself many times over. Kennethm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread