Any suggestion ?

Kennethm

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites coinmaster 6 d that I bought new and found a lot of coins and rings with. I also have a
coinmaster 4. I bought a bounty hunter 505. The 505 I think has more depth. I am having a problem with the chatter
that it has when looking for coins. I know that turning the sen. down will help. When you do it also cuts depth down and does not stop all chatter. With it turned down the depth is less than my coinmaster. I have searched an area with 505 and went back over area and found more coins with old coinmaster. Any one solved problem? I would like to know how to do it. Have heard that you need to get use to it or ignore it. Any help would be appreciated. Kenneth m

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 505 mite win in an air test but when it come's too
seeing thru the ground white's all the way
the 505 is a toy did you find any thing at three plus feet with it
I didn't think so but it mite have internal problems you mite need to send it in

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
the 505 mite win in an air test but when it come's too
seeing thru the ground white's all the way
the 505 is a toy did you find any thing at three plus feet with it
I didn't think so
.... lift loop..... he was not looking for a buried car........... he was looking for coins.......

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you ever read there add on the 505

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Kenneth! Make sure the coil wire is tight on the shaft. I owned a 6000d ,it was a great machine.It was just a bear to swing all day long. As far as your bounty hunter goes,it is not a toy.It just does'nt have bells and whistles like others have,and may not go as deep.You will find plenty with it.As far as the chatter goes,sensitivity is almost always what causes it.Even with it turned down,5 and 6 inch deep coins should not be a problem.
Liftloop,do you have anything good to say? Maybe everyone does not or cant afford to have the equipment you claim you have.He is out detecting,enjoying his hobby.Lift,since you think you are gods gift to metal detecting,why don't you try and be a little supportive of other mders'.We are all on here to share finds,tricks,and help each other .Lighten up!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry if i was wrong the add says 5 feet on a lage target
and that's not the pro

go to kelly Co and read the add your self
can you say "gimmick"

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Kenneth! Make sure the coil wire is tight on the shaft. I owned a 6000d ,it was a great machine.It was just a bear to swing all day long. As far as your bounty hunter goes,it is not a toy.It just does'nt have bells and whistles like others have,and may not go as deep.You will find plenty with it.As far as the chatter goes,sensitivity is almost always what causes it.Even with it turned down,5 and 6 inch deep coins should not be a problem.
Liftloop,do you have anything good to say? Maybe everyone does not or cant afford to have the equipment you claim you have.He is out detecting,enjoying his hobby.Lift,since you think you are gods gift to metal detecting,why don't you try and be a little supportive of other mders'.We are all on here to share finds,tricks,and help each other .Lighten up!
...You have to under stand lift loop..... If it does not have Whites name on it ... It is not a real detector.............. You know like the mine lab ones if it does not have a Minelab name on it it is not a detector......

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well it
says right in the add
5 foot on a big target
so it should find a quarter at 18 inches an smoke every detector on the marcket
he comparing his detector to a low bugget white's and that still giving the 505 a run for his money

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
well it
says right in the add
5 foot on a big target
so it should find a quarter at 18 inches an smoke every detector on the marcket
he comparing his detector to a low bugget white's and that still giving the 505 a run for his money
................ But remember this.....​ " BOOM BABY "

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got to love thole's 505 bounty hunters or fisher "price' spin off
of first Texas instruments there real keepers.....

liftloop

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
you got to love thole's 505 bounty hunters or fisher "price' spin off
of first Texas instruments there real keepers.....

liftloop
.............​liftloop........... I heard that First Texas bought out Whites...... Now Whites is first texas............ '" BOOM BABY ""

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooo I for got one
teknetics

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I all most got fooled by that add too you know
but when do you know when to stop digging

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites coinmaster 6 d that I bought new and found a lot of coins and rings with. I also have a
coinmaster 4. I bought a bounty hunter 505. The 505 I think has more depth. I am having a problem with the chatter
that it has when looking for coins. I know that turning the sen. down will help. When you do it also cuts depth down and does not stop all chatter. With it turned down the depth is less than my coinmaster. I have searched an area with 505 and went back over area and found more coins with old coinmaster. Any one solved problem? I would like to know how to do it. Have heard that you need to get use to it or ignore it. Any help would be appreciated. Kenneth m
Just a thought...I once had a similar problem with a Tesoro LST, it turned out to be a broken conection inside the cable.

SS

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any detector ground balance or not will detect metal it's up to you to dig
and there could be sum then down there
a bigger coil will help any detector punch down deeper
give it a more wider outer range
there been some great finds with bounty hunter
if you put enough of them out in the field
I hope his question gets answered other than us fooled around
the trick to any detector is to get you to dig

liftloop

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many fine detectors out there what we need is

Something more ground breaking or in my case ground melting
I'm thinking lazar tech or something friction based

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Liftloop and Keppy...... You guys should rent a room.

Kennith one thing I think might be a problem is going from silent search machines (Whites) to another brand (which may sound like a lot of chatter) but that could be intentional.
I use a really noisy machine and I like it that way. It's sending a whole lot of audio information for me to read.
Cheers,
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread