Forrest Fenns New Mexico Treasure

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Forrest Fenn's New Mexico Treasure

Hello All,
Been quite a while since I've posted here, but I wanted to touch base about an interesting story that's been in the news quite a bit lately. No doubt some of you saw Nightly News or the Today Show a few weeks back. For those who didn't Forrest Fenn is an 80+ eccentric who years ago wrote a book 'The Thrill of the Chase' and a poem which supposedly leads to a treasure he hid (not buried) several years back in the Mountains north of Santa Fe, NM. The chest contains gold coins, artifacts, jewelry and various odds an ends that have value somewhere between 1 & 2 million dollars.
In interviews lately he's been very cagey about giving any further clues to his hidden cache. And his book ( funds earned supposedly goes to cancer victims) is selling like hot cakes at a bookstore in NM. The alleged size of the hoard has driven people from near and far to search it out. There's already one recent death reported of a 33 year old lady who froze to death while searching for the treasure in the mountains.
So is this guy a kook having fun with people's greed, or is there some truth to his tale? Has it already been recovered and will any of us ever know? Interesing food for thought I think....
HH
-spyguy

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you'll go to the cache hunting section there's an extensive thread on this.

rcole

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's Ephriam...remember that, it's very important.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread