Could you share your personal experience with these: ACE 350, Fisher F2, Minelab 305

KJ&nugget

Mar 9, 2013
Republic of South Afrika and Wa. State USA
Detector(s) used
I use a garrett AT pro.
My son uses a Technetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I have used an ace 150 for a few years, good unit. Then I switched to the f2, and I like it better. It is lighter, and faster not to
mention has a few more options than the ace 150. The bell tone on the ace gets annoying (for me). Though the ace is one tough sonofa. Hope this helps.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have several high end machines....got an f2 for my wife.I didnt expect much and was really surprised.Last week it was in the car when I had a coil problem so I broke out the f2....it really does work very well and kellyco threw in all kinds of extras including a sniper coil.I'm duly impressed with that machine.I would recomend it.

The Gray Fox

Nov 14, 2012
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Ace 250 and I've been using it for a couple of years now. What I will say though, is I'd go for a detector that shows the vdi and has various tones. The Aces' 'bell' tone will drive you mad.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had an F2 and it was a decent detector except that it felt too much like a toy for me..i know this will start a controversy but you asked us to share our experiences so thre is mine

Vizzio

Jun 11, 2012
Missoula, MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2 w/ 11" DD Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first detector was an f2 and I absolutely loved it and though this may cause a few issues below, my detecting partner had a 250 and I could go deeper and separate much better than he did day in and day out. :)

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe ya vizzio.And I m a garrett guy.my buddy got his wife a 250....I really think the f2 is a diamond in the rough after messing with both on several hunts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread