You Gotta dig the Pull Tabs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

copperpenny

Jan 28, 2013
Wesminster,Ca
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Pull Tab Chug

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a dandy pull tab. My wife thinks I should paint mine gold and make a neck-less.

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I wouldn't mind finding some "litter" like that.....

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Son of a biscuit crazed woman. I'm pretty sure that I'm just going to dig everything that reads 40 and above on my ATP for AGES until I become a Master. I'm sure I've missed so much.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup,gotta dig those pull tab signals! Great job.

chenty

Nov 4, 2012
missouri
Detector(s) used
BT IV, ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!!!!! I dig pull tabs all day and NEVER found 1 like that....AWESOME score :icon_thumright:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Copperpenny ... I'm just curious ... Did you get the same pull-tab reading when swinging from different positions over that ring? My experience with pull-tabs is the readings jump around with swings at different positions. Still, I dig anyway because I would never sleep well that night thinking that I might have left something valuable down there.

My last hunt was with two other guys at an abandoned swimming area. Actually they were just there and I showed up. They told me the place is loaded with pull-tabs, bottle caps, and foil. They probably thought they were helping me with the suggestion to discriminate out that stuff. A while later, they left. I dug for almost four hours and came up with the expected pile of trash to tote out ... plus ... a pocket full of odd cheap jewelry, coins, including a few nickels. Good exercise was a bonus too. <lol>

M

Last edited:
OP
OP
copperpenny

copperpenny

Jan 28, 2013
Wesminster,Ca
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperpenny ... I'm just curious ... Did you get the same pull-tab reading when swinging from different positions over that ring? My experience with pull-tabs is the readings jump around with swings at different positions. Still, I dig anyway because I would never sleep well that night thinking that I might have left something valuable down there.

My last hunt was with two other guys at an abandoned swimming area. Actually they were just there and I showed up. They told me the place is loaded with pull-tabs, bottle caps, and foil. They probably thought they were helping me with the suggestion to discriminate out that stuff. A while later, they left. I dug for almost four hours and came up with the expected pile of trash to tote out ... plus ... a pocket full of odd cheap jewelry, coins, including a few nickels. Good exercise was a bonus too. <lol>

M

Actually I really wasn't paying attention to that, I was in Jewelry mode & heard the signal, saw it was 2" so I took my pro pointer found it & lifted the dirt in the area, then I saw it. I reswiped it afterwards to verify what it read as....pull tab !!!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
copper-penny , it is pretty much a "given" that gold rings are low conductors. And known to any md'r that if he passes low conductors (tabs, foil, etc...) that he's going to miss gold rings . But the "trick" or advice to simply turn down your disc. and dig tabs till your arms fall off ... is not the whole recipe for persons to have odds at finding gold rings . The much bigger part of the recipe is WHERE a persons hunts. Ie.: type sites. Because, let's face it, there's some sites (blighted inner city turf, etc..) where your ratio of aluminum to gold would be a thousand to one . Swimming beaches are much more conducive to jewelry losses, by the nature of activity . Plus sand is much easier to dig in ;). And then, sure , once there , dig low conductors.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those Gold colered tabs are The Worst Ones!!! Chug

<<<< My Best one is Pictured in Our Avatar Chug and Red

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mxt

i mite have nickles rejected but they still register and when the threshold breaks I look at the screen and when the right number is there i dig and retrieve the nickle how cool is that never heard a beep but found a nickle
I like to see a tesoro do that
or a mine lab gt sovereign say that

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread