pinpinting with the fisher gold bug 2

rickjr

Jul 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just acquired a new fisher gold bug 2 and I am having a little trouble with getting familiar with the pin pointing. Any advice from anybody?
icon_scratch.gif
huh.gif

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's My advice (I own a GB2). This is good for ANY detector. And it really works! Move the coil left and right. Get the "beep". Visually remember where on the ground you heard the beep (straight line) and stare at the line. Step "90 DEGREES" !! move over the line you are staring at. Get the beep. The two "directions" you moved over the spot should now form an "X" (or plus sign). Dig at the X. The most important part of these instructions refers mostly to round coils.... you MUST step 90 degrees to be effective.... no pushing and pulling the coil. Very few people can push and pull the same way they go left and right. Try it. TTC

OP
OP
R

rickjr

Jul 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry I'll give it a try

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry is the man
he all way good for sound advice

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's My advice (I own a GB2). This is good for ANY detector. And it really works! Move the coil left and right. Get the "beep". Visually remember where on the ground you heard the beep (straight line) and stare at the line. Step "90 DEGREES" !! move over the line you are staring at. Get the beep. The two "directions" you moved over the spot should now form an "X" (or plus sign). Dig at the X. The most important part of these instructions refers mostly to round coils.... you MUST step 90 degrees to be effective.... no pushing and pulling the coil. Very few people can push and pull the same way they go left and right. Try it. TTC

Here is a visual guide to what Terry C is saying - skip to about 1:20 if you want.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of your videos, Terry, I'm sure. Good piece of footage. A classic. THOSE IN THE KNOW have been "x"ing the ground for 20 years or more. And to re-iterate 90 DEGREE STEP is the most important part! Tnx. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread