Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: HELP Burlington Co NJ

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2740 times
    Metal Detecting
    You need to not only look at the machine, but the coil size. In this case I'd want a min. 12" coil, and a 15" coil if you can afford both.

As far as Machines I'd look at a White's TDI SL with a 12" coil. It is pricy at $1299.95 MSRP. As someone else suggested a two-box machine might be helpful--White's model is TM 808 and is $799.95 MSRP. You wouldn't be able to pinpoint and would have to dig a fairly big hole. I've never used a two-box unit and personally would try a traditional machine with a large coil.

I'd also take a serious look at a White's MXT Pro and get a 15" MXT Max Search Coil to go along with it.

If you do find it, I hope that despite her offer, you share it with her. Good luck!
    bigfoot1 likes this.

us
    Mar 2013
    Excalibur II
    655 times
    Mining, Detecting, diving, spearfishing, bow hunting, duck hunting, treasure hunting, real men!
    Thanks Mz for the advice!

I got a private message to check out http://www.accuratelocators.com pulse induction.

They have a demo detector that is priced less but still expensive. It has a large square coil & other coils.

Being that there are numerous jars that were buried it may be worth it to spend the money.
    Last edited by chlsbrns; Apr 01, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

us
    Sep 2010
    New Jersey
    Fisher IV
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I love to hunt that area

us
    Mar 2013
    Excalibur II
    655 times
    Mining, Detecting, diving, spearfishing, bow hunting, duck hunting, treasure hunting, real men!
    My hubby doesn't want to spend to buy a pulse induction from accurate locators unless it can be used to find other similar quantities of items.

My neighbor said that her husband buried at least 1 jar a year for over 50 years plus an unknown number of jars buried by his Father.

I think that is enough to justify the purchase but he is insisting on using it elsewhere to find something significant. I hate him sometimes! Lol!

Can anyone point me to something on this forum that is within driving distance & may be interested in using the accurate pi to help find whatever they are looking for?

Any help is appreciated!

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5646 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chlsbrns View Post
    My hubby doesn't want to spend to buy a pulse induction from accurate locators unless it can be used to find other similar quantities of items.

My neighbor said that her husband buried at least 1 jar a year for over 50 years plus an unknown number of jars buried by his Father.

I think that is enough to justify the purchase but he is insisting on using it elsewhere to find something significant. I hate him sometimes! Lol!

Can anyone point me to something on this forum that is within driving distance & may be interested in using the accurate pi to help find whatever they are looking for?

Any help is appreciated!
    If time is short, then that is your best bet for a truly successful hunt. Using the kind of equipment
    needed to locate objects over 3' deep requires experience. Finding a member here that has that
    experience would benefit you greatly. Not that you couldn't find a cache yourselves, but to find
    numerous ones you'll need some one with the experience to know what that machine is telling them.

Whatever you do, please, please don't call anyone named Savage!
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Mar 2013
    Excalibur II
    655 times
    DizzyDigger I should have that name Lol

There is an unknown amount of time. The owner has no family left & her home will go to the church when she passes.

She is elderly but healthy & I hope she stays with us but who knows?

The accurate locator pi detector is what we should be using. It goes deep & covers a large area fast. 3 feet x 3 feet (I think?) & will detect something the size of a jar of coins to more than 3 feet deep.

What I need now is another real treasure & the opportunity to help find it.

Do you know of any?
    Last edited by chlsbrns; Apr 05, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

us
    Jul 2012
    SE Va
    Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector), Minelab Sovereign GT (w/Minelab 550
    2428 times
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Ever find anything on the property?

ca
    May 2007
    4286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBeav View Post
    Ever find anything on the property?
    She's telling us she found it.

"somehiker: Get back to me when you can comprehend what you read without making assumptions. Also, we found a whole lot of silver coins, gold and other valuables on the property in Burlington County. Did you see my post with the castings I made from gold? The gold came from lost mines! You should consider changing your name from somehiker to somestalker."

The Lost Doc Thorne Mine - was it the same mine of Jacob Waltz?
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    10489 times
    Find out as much info as you can on the guys that put down the caches, where they spent their time, etc. what they may have said in regards to the caches. Hope it all works out for you, good luck! Hope some one with experience and equipment can help you.

us
    CincinnatiKid

Nov 2013
    Cincinnati Ohio
    XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
    1228 times
    If what your neighbor states is accurate, many of the "jars" will have been shattered by the plow and coins strewn at multiple depths and locations. Any quality modern VDI machine will surely begin revealing this treasure. A jar full of coins will scream at you when close. Good luck. Peace

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    2579 times
    Most such caches are not buried more than an arm's length deep, say two feet. I have a good PI with a fairly large coil, should be able to hit them. I am in lower N.Y. but could possibly travel to help you if you wish. Kind of funny that he didn't leave a map, most folks who bury such jars want to return and recover them at some time and if he buried a lot he would not be able to remember where they all were. Another thing is that most such jars are buried within sight of the main bedroom window.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Feb 2013
    Longview, Texas
    1864 times
    Get a backhoe, BOOM baby

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    You can probably just use the detector you have. I doubt whether he buried them where it was plowed. They would more likely be buried in a garden area, near a tree, near a rock , around the building or near an identifiable object. Frank...
    Name:  hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  43.9 KB
    gunsil likes this.

ca
    May 2007
    4286 times
    I'm sure Chelsea will get back to you, as soon as she has finished telling us all she knows about lost mines, prospecting and mining gold, and her great uncle... Jacob Waltz/The Lost Dutchman.

AZ Unknown Mines

Originally Posted by chlsbrns

I'm related to the lost Dutchman... Jacob was a great uncle according to our family history book. He never left a map, so I don't think he wanted ANYONE to know its location if it even existed. Bet it's an interesting book though...."

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Regards:SH.
    Last edited by somehiker; Dec 04, 2013 at 04:08 AM.
    The Gilded Lens likes this.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

us
    Feb 2010
    East Coast
    Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
    395 times
    Sounds like it may take up a bit of time. I've had a bit of luck over the years and have made some really good deep finds. Right now I use an F75 but just ordered a 15" coil as well as a TDI. If interested I may be able to help. I live in Southern Ocean County and detect about 3 days a week. If interested please contact me. Dave njfatboyemt@aol.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links