chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
DizzyDigger I should have that name Lol

There is an unknown amount of time. The owner has no family left & her home will go to the church when she passes.

She is elderly but healthy & I hope she stays with us but who knows?

The accurate locator pi detector is what we should be using. It goes deep & covers a large area fast. 3 feet x 3 feet (I think?) & will detect something the size of a jar of coins to more than 3 feet deep.

What I need now is another real treasure & the opportunity to help find it.

Do you know of any?

Last edited:

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever find anything on the property?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever find anything on the property?

She's telling us she found it.

"somehiker: Get back to me when you can comprehend what you read without making assumptions. Also, we found a whole lot of silver coins, gold and other valuables on the property in Burlington County. Did you see my post with the castings I made from gold? The gold came from lost mines! You should consider changing your name from somehiker to somestalker."

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...ine-same-mine-jacob-waltz-16.html#post3717592

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find out as much info as you can on the guys that put down the caches, where they spent their time, etc. what they may have said in regards to the caches. Hope it all works out for you, good luck! Hope some one with experience and equipment can help you.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If what your neighbor states is accurate, many of the "jars" will have been shattered by the plow and coins strewn at multiple depths and locations. Any quality modern VDI machine will surely begin revealing this treasure. A jar full of coins will scream at you when close. ;) Good luck. Peace

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most such caches are not buried more than an arm's length deep, say two feet. I have a good PI with a fairly large coil, should be able to hit them. I am in lower N.Y. but could possibly travel to help you if you wish. Kind of funny that he didn't leave a map, most folks who bury such jars want to return and recover them at some time and if he buried a lot he would not be able to remember where they all were. Another thing is that most such jars are buried within sight of the main bedroom window.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You can probably just use the detector you have. I doubt whether he buried them where it was plowed. They would more likely be buried in a garden area, near a tree, near a rock , around the building or near an identifiable object. Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure Chelsea will get back to you, as soon as she has finished telling us all she knows about lost mines, prospecting and mining gold, and her great uncle... Jacob Waltz/The Lost Dutchman.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/389080-az-unknown-mines.html

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by chlsbrns

I'm related to the lost Dutchman... Jacob was a great uncle according to our family history book. He never left a map, so I don't think he wanted ANYONE to know its location if it even existed. Bet it's an interesting book though...."

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Regards:SH.

Last edited:

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like it may take up a bit of time. I've had a bit of luck over the years and have made some really good deep finds. Right now I use an F75 but just ordered a 15" coil as well as a TDI. If interested I may be able to help. I live in Southern Ocean County and detect about 3 days a week. If interested please contact me. Dave [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread