MD Dilemma - Help me decide..

CTswinger

Jan 7, 2007
Hi,

Newbie detectorist here, and a week long lurker...So I wanted an Ace-250 for xmas but they were sold out. My wife picked up a BH Quick Draw II so I would have something to play with until the 250 came. Well, I have been having a blast, hitting the beach and my back yard. Although my yard looks like swiss cheese, I found about 40 coins. Today I found 4 wheaties, one being from 1914. Sweet!

Dilemma - I have really learned how to use the BH over the last two weeks and really like it. However, the Ace-250 arrives on Thursday and although thats the one I wanted, I am a little nervouse now, seeing how much I have been finding. My questions, does anyone have any experience with the Quick Draw II? Will I be dissapointed with the Ace or will I find even more? I will post some pix of my digs soon...

Glad to be part of this forum!

Thanks,
Matt

flip

Jan 29, 2005
kansas city/ osceola missouri
Detector(s) used
garret deepseeker , ace 250, DMC11ba
Don't have any experience with BH but you won't be dissapointed the 250. It's a great coin and ring finder. Now you have an extra machine, maybe you can get the wife to go.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I have three different detectors and find stuff equally with all three. One will do better in certain instances but they all find coins, jewelry, etc. Nothing wrong with using two machines, you will do fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread