what is your MD goal for this year

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
I think this was posted already but could not find it searching so I figured I would post it. I'm sorry if this was repeated by another member.

My goal for this coming year in metal detecting is to detect a site from the Revolutionary War and find something that can be verified that it came from that era. It would be fantastic if it is a coin from that era, but a button would be nice also (especially a GW inaugural button... ;) ;) mountain man 2).

What are your goal for this year? Lets hear from everyone!

HH and good luck on your goals

Funkman

p.s. if you meet your goal, please post a follow up here to let us know so we can congratulate you......and become jealous in the meantime ;D

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
i have always wanted to find a gold coin.

P

pokerbear

MY goal this year is to actually get a metal detector. I've been out of work and can't afford one right now. I get great pleasure, however, out of reading all the great posts on this site and feeling a sense of community with all the detectorists here. I have some great sites picked out here in the Muskegon area, this area has been populated since the 1830's by modern men and back to the beginning by native Americans. I wish you all luck on your hunting and please keep posting the pictures as I love looking at them and hoping that soon I will be posting my own photos. ::)

Pokerbear

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
My goal is to get out as much as I can and to master the use of my DFX ;D

Anything I find along the way are just bonuses 8)

P

pokerbear

Did you get the free book from Whites Stormtrooper it's free "Understanding White's DFX" by Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi, the head guy at White's. I got mine today and it's really informative. HH

S

stefen

Pick up some gold chains on the same beach as gold coins along Northern California coast.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
pokerbear said:
Did you get the free book from Whites Stormtrooper it's free "Understanding White's DFX" by Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi, the head guy at White's. I got mine today and it's really informative. HH

Yes, I did....I waiting for it to come out on DVD ;D HEHEHEHE
Nnnnaaaahhhh, I think I have it and should give it a read. I am also going to order digging deeper in the next few days.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I usually try to set realistic goals. Usually a couple achieveable ones and then maybe one that is going to be a little tougher.

This years goals(shouldn't be that hard):

1. 30 Silver coins
2. A Large Cent
3. $150 in clad
4. 5 Indian Heads

More challenging:

5. Shield Nickel
6. A solid gold ring(10k or better). This is harder because I usually don't like digging trash.

Last year My goal was to find an IH, SLQ, V Nickel and LC. Only one I didn't get was the Large Cent.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding a gold ring. I've found over 30 rings to date, almost all of them are sterling and one is gold filled, but no real gold ring yet!

Nat

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Return a lost ring ( in process lost 42 years ago ) Wish me luck !!!!

Find a Seated Coin in 2007

Find a gold ring ( found in 2006 ) Scratch that one off.

100 silver coins. Should be easy...

Oh Ya To find more Barbers then DeKalb

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be content with a few rings, a few old coins and getting out there 4-5 times a month........NOT!!!!

A bunch of rings & a bunch of old coins.....ha!!!!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st mercury dime, 2nd buffalo nickel, 1st silver rosie, 1st silver washington quarter. Any or all of those coins would be just fine by me. A couple of gold or silver rings would be nice too. The rings should'nt be too difficult provided I can get down to the beach enough this year. The older coins have eluded me thus far, but this year is the year

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
2007 Goals are what's left of my first year (2006) goals.
1) As much silver of any type as possible. Done...over 150 silver for 2006
2) IH cents.. Done...ended up with only 4, but am working on researching older sites now.
3) Barber coins. Done...ended up with 5 Barber dimes.
4) Seated Coin. Done...1854 Seated Dime found
5) Pre-1800 coinage. Done...found a 1792 Irish Half Penny
6) Large Cent. NADA...
7) Gold coin. NADA...
8) Barber or older quarter. NADA...

So that leaves me three main goals for the year. I have proven to myself that if I want to load up on crazy qtys of clad...that that can be done fairly easily if I put hours in on the clad-filled spots. If I want to find more silver than I did in 2006 I would do more of what I did this year.
If I want to find my 3 remaining goals I need to focus on OLDER areas and that means cellarholes mostly.

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
To "become at one" with the metal detector I now use, and forget about searching for the elusive "best detector".

My 2006 was going just fine until July, when I got the bug for a more sophisticated unit, so I bought it. I lost the momentum I had going with the first detector and began monkeying around trying to make to new one work as well, which it didn't. I lost a half year trying to master something new when old already did the job quite nicely.

Dick

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to hunt more with my friends. Second goal is to go to a JD hunt again. The third goal is to find a gold ring.
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to hunt more with my friends. Second goal is to go to a JD hunt again. The third goal is to find a gold ring.
Burdie

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I have two goals.............goal #1 is to find big silver........perhaps a standing liberty or a Benjamin half........those would fit the bill. My #2 goal which should really be my first in order to actually find the big silver is to start researching. Since I started MD'ing two months ago, I simply go to a park and eye possible good target areas. I need to go beyond this.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
To figure a way to sneak another detector into the house without the wife knowing.She thinks I have two or three and brow-beats me about that.I actually have seven! But there is one or two more that I would like to have.I really don't use any of them much (three have never been used),I'm more addicted to detectors than to detecting.Go figure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread