Beginners Luck ?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Beginner's Luck ?

Well, Tuesday's weather forecast for here in the mountains of Virginia was sunny and 50 degrees for Thursday.

And from that sunshine we actually received 6" of snow.

So, here I am reading this forum instead of being outside on my knees digging in the ground....

So, here's a story for you!

Once upon a time, a long time ago, in about 1981 I was living just South of Detroit. Each Monday I'd bring in my handfull of silver finds and show my co-workers. Finally, my friend Rich Brown (deceased now) decided to get a detector....

When it arrived, I took him to a school yard football field, gave him my productive spot for silver at the 50 yard line, and headed off to the sidewalks.

At sunset, I went over to Rich and showed him my couple of silver and a silver ring and said "Rich, see what you can find". And then he pulled out the biggest gold wedding band I have still never seen the equal of, and said "Geez, I wasn't going to show you this." Paid for his detector on the first hunt.

Then Rich bought his wife a detector. The first time she was out, she found a diamond ring.

And me? In a decade of hunting back then I found a bunch of rings, but I NEVER found a diamond ring.

Some guys have all the luck. Wasn't that a song?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd hate to calculate the odds of that happening. Sorry about the snow...stupid winter.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Positive thinking :)

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread