How can we ban together to help prospectors/treasure hunters in other states

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I'm pretty upset at the moment...I've had planned on going to Oregon to gem and gold hunt when I can afford the trip. I got my pick and shovel gazette today first thing I saw was how they're trying to stop mining there. They only had 300 people/miners to protest and that's not going to do a whole lot of good. They have proposed six bills to stop it senate bills 115, 401, 370, 243...house bill 2248, 2259. I hope I'm putting this one in the right place, if anyone wants to try to figure out something I have the names and numbers at least some of them. Thinking I'll call out there to talk to miners president see what I can do.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a shame what they are doing! Anything too make a man money to help support his family and put food on the table the govt. is making sure they stop it.

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why they are trying to control public land so much, its not just Oregon its happening everywhere. I hate complaining so much but what's a person to do. It has to be about control because weather on an annual basis does more to the environment than small mining operations. I'm currently building a 3" dredge myself just for remote locations but I won't be able to use it on most state or federal land because of regulation. Hunting for stuff is like my biggest pleasure even when I don't find anything. I don't know I'm going to call Tom Kitchar see if there's any way I can help at least get some ideas of what would help just because I don't live there and I don't have a vote in that area...There has to be something that can be done before we all lose the right to do what has been legal for thousands of years:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't want to drive 3,000 mi to find out that theres new laws that prohibit my prospecting like I did when I went to Texas last year, what a true let down and Texas probably doesn't even know that a sand and gravel company bought up the land that contains their own state gem:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread