Equipment Question
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Equipment Question

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Detecting Padawan

Apr 2013
    North Branch
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Equipment Question

Hey everybody, as you may have seen, I own a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, and I've noticed I don't see too many other people with one.
    Is it just a unpopular brand?
    Or has everybody moved past Bounty Hunters in favor of Garretts and Minelabs?

Thanks for all the info!

Dr. Invertigo

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
    388 times
    don't for get white's yea bounty hunter is what you give kids . all tho they will find stuff until you listen to a good detector that uses a good speaker were you can really hear whats there the rest sound cheapish i like white's they don't fool around when it comes to sound my garret Gta 400 sounds like a white's all most I thought the bounty hunter platinum was a good detector untill he went in all metal and nothing on the screen work what good is that it should of still told you what was there my white's does I would imagine fisher f5 will do the same thing. there the same company and look a lot alike
    but you never know what you will find if you don't put in the time..

liftloop
    I hate to discriminate but some times you have too!

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    13850 times
    You might consider jumping over to Brands - Bounty Hunter and browsing...
    rickv14623 likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2675 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yes, sound quality is important too. It is strange though, my Whites sounds just like a grunting pig. My Minelab, on the other hand, sounds like a beautiful flute!
    liftloop and Rawhide like this.

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
    388 times
    sweep speed is important too mine lab has one of the slowest sweep speeds on record out there
    white's you can change on some of models my surf master it's either fast or slow it doesn't matter mxt is the same way
    try that with your "stick flute" I mean minelab as for the iron grunt it sound way better that garrets "iron tune audio roller over "what a fancy name for iron grunt .
    fistfulladirt likes this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2675 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by liftloop View Post
    try that with your "stick flute" I mean minelab
    liftloop likes this.

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    388 times
    those minlab detectors have a sound to them self you can tell time and money went in to the detector
    not like first Texas instruments or any thing that sounds like a first Texas insturment

liftloop

us
    Jan 2007
    morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
    1282 times
    One thing I know is Liftloop sounds like a broken record. Lol whites whites whites
    liftloop likes this.
    No longer politically correct

Apr 2012
    Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
    411 times
    I think its a good thing the minelabs train you to sweep slow because people swing too damn fast and think they can cover so much more ground then they really can....its a slow process cleaning out sites go fast with any machine and you will skip over targets left and right...and i hunt with guys that BH line machines they seem to do better on the trash then the garrett i use if that helps you any
    foiler likes this.
    Im not crazy......my mother had me tested

us
    we exist,and we are watching you

Nov 2011
    so.cal.mtns.
    garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
    3400 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I bought a tracker 4 for my buddy(bonus on a job)so he could get into hobby.I am not a bad teacher on the subject and he did find some cool items over many hunts.Gotta say though...he was constantly saying,"what does your machine say"on targets and way too often his was wrong.Even my older gtax 1250(one of my all time favs)would out hunt the tar out of the tracker.
    not having a decent depth indicator was yet another down fall.

In closing...its good for finding everything and poor at finding,"the"thing.
    liftloop likes this.
    I dont care which machine you use...you're gonna dig trash.
    an extra thousand bucks aint gonna solve that.

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2054 times
    Quote Originally Posted by liftloop View Post
    don't for get white's yea bounty hunter is what you give kids . all tho they will find stuff until you listen to a good detector that uses a good speaker were you can really hear whats there the rest sound cheapish i like white's they don't fool around when it comes to sound my garret Gta 400 sounds like a white's all most I thought the bounty hunter platinum was a good detector untill he went in all metal and nothing on the screen work what good is that it should of still told you what was there my white's does I would imagine fisher f5 will do the same thing. there the same company and look a lot alike
    but you never know what you will find if you don't put in the time..Liftloop Ill take my old Bounty Hunter and you can take any machine you want.......you will loose. Those Bounty Hunters are pre set for most hunts, you just turn it on and start digging. The reason you don't see many of them is most folks want features. I only own one, a old one and it hunts. The fact the same company made both my detectors is a fluke. I go by what my friends have on here and what they tell me about it. I started with a bounty hunter and then replaced the perfectly good machine for features. Yes my hunts are better now. But your machine will do what most others will do. I am not going to say all the work that engineers put in to each brand is huey. What Im saying is metal detectors all work on the same principles.

liftloop
    Liftloop Ill take my old Bounty Hunter and you can take any machine you want.......you will loose. Those Bounty Hunters are pre set for most hunts, you just turn it on and start digging. The reason you don't see many of them is most folks want features. I only own one, a old one and it hunts. The fact the same company made both my detectors is a fluke. I go by what my friends have on here and what they tell me about it. I started with a bounty hunter and then replaced the perfectly good machine for features. Yes my hunts are better now. But your machine will do what most others will do. I am not going to say all the work that engineers put in to each brand is huey. What Im saying is metal detectors all work on the same principles. Most machines only hunt in one mode at a time anyway. I do not believe Bounty Hunter is bad, cheap, or a toy. Honestly I could own any machines on the forum. I was able to play with some yard sale rescues. Famous Trails, Harbor Freight, to mention a few. As I spent time with them they would find coins just fine. So I spent hundreds of dollars on a better detector so I could dig trash a little deeper lol. I think its normal for us to want to upgrade our machines. You may not see a lot of Bounty Hunters out there, but you can bet a lot of us has owned them. I do believe bounty hunters are a gateway detector to the hobby.

us
    we exist,and we are watching you

Nov 2011
    so.cal.mtns.
    garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
    3400 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    like I said the bounty hunter is good at finding anything...it really is....but its horrible at finding ,"the thing"....if you dig every target...well my daughters bounty hunter jr cant be beat.it misses nothing.weighs almost nothing and batteries last forever.

I'll out hunt anyone with a bounty hunter on,"keeper "finds just by virtue of the odds.I will spent far less time on junk...period.

my humble 2 cents(u.s.large cents)...btw....at pro,minelab explorer,gtax 1250,fisher f2(wifes)and about 6 or 7 others over 30 years
    I dont care which machine you use...you're gonna dig trash.
    an extra thousand bucks aint gonna solve that.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    The Bounty Hunter Will find things, just like any other metal detector, but I think you will work harder and find less than a high end detector. Just my opinion, Frank...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profile.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	774019
    liftloop and Rawhide like this.

us
    Apr 2011
    Ohio
    Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
    661 times
    Relic Hunting
    I started out with a bounty hunter tracker 4 it loves coins but since I've moved on to garret.
    liftloop likes this.

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    388 times
    hay if that all you have then have at it you will know when to up grade and you will still remember the great finds you had with the B H that got you were you are to day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links