T2 vs F75 today in the park.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a great hunt as I met up with another forum member to compare our two machines. It was a local park hunt with lots of clad to be found. The F75 prefer a Jewelry Mode with high gain setting, while the T2 was run in Disc mode with Iron disc'ed out. As Expected the T2 was much more reliable on the VDI settings and a deep machine. The T2 found what I consider a feat, as a single staple was found at over 10" inches. The F75 was a dime and quarter hunting fool. Both machines were winners as targets over 10" inches were found and dug. Standard 11' inch coils were used. I look forward to round two.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am considering a t2....dont need another machine but dang...the t2 has really proven itself to many.guess I just want one.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Boys Hobbies has a great write up on the T2 and F75. It explains the differences and I feel is dead on. The T2 would fill any of my hunts. Im looking for a water proof machine and think I will go with the CTX 3030 from Minelab next. It has GPS also that would come in handy as there is no street signs let alone roads where I go sometimes. Definitely try to find someone big foot and see it in action first.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I consider the jewelry mode too "jittery" for my local trashy parks. To each his own. They're both good machines with some common heritage.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason the jewelry mode works is I barley crank on the sensitivity and put her in high gain. I didn't believe it till I did it. But working the edges with this setting is a pain. I usually move to the open area for this setting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread