Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

First of all I want to say "Hello" from Missouri! I became a member of this great bunch of people yesterday and I must say I think I've already made a few friends who have been very encouraging and helpful.

I wanted to tell you all what brought me here to begin with.

Over the Christmas holiday, I began writing a book about metal detecting. I wanted to share my experiences and show beginning detectorists "the ropes" so to speak. It's coming along very well, I've got lots of info and some great photos I've been dying to share with people. I am hoping to finish the first draft soon and I'm even thinking of maybe starting my own publishing company this year.

Back in 1995, I bought a White's Coinmaster and began researching the detecting hobby via the internet. I got to talk with TH'ers from all parts of the country, and I found it very interesting what people were finding and what a variance of artifacts are discovered in each hunter's geographical location. It was then I realized the enormous potential there is in finding something historically significant. To me, nothing ties the past to the present better than when someone finds an object in the exact place a person lost it more than 100 years ago. Each object is like an old ghost trying to tell its story - a kind of missing piece of history's jigsaw puzzle.

While searching various web sites in 1996, I found one that included the "Treasure Hunter's Code of Ethics" and I remembered it. I recently made a search of these ethics, and it mentioned the code was as found in Western and Eastern Treasure Magazine. Since the web site I found had a link to the magazine, I clicked on it, and lo and behold, I find this site. I never knew about it before and after reading some of the finds and they way people talk about them, I knew this was a good place for me to be.

I want to thank everyone for your replies so far and your welcomes over the last couple of days. I'm the "new kid on the block", so I come here in all humbleness, respectful of the expertise many of you have in this hobby. If I had the time I would reply to all your posts. I can already tell this place is full of some very good people with a wealth of knowledge, unlike other forums I have been a part of.

I think I'm really going to enjoy hanging out here.

Sincerely,
Nat (Natman)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome to the group nat! there really are a lot of great people on this forum, and the wealth of knowledge that these people have is really amazing. good luck with that book. i would love to read a copy when it is finished! ;)

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome

I'm sure you will find this site to be of great help in your research..

;D ;D ;D ;D All my pics are copyrighted ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Just kidding ;D ;D ;D ;D

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Welcome aboard Nat. You will not find a better place than this site. This is the place I frequent the most because the people here are decent and helpful. Glad you found TN.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Nat.I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from you.You've been at this alot longer than I have.This is a great site and a very active one at that.The vast majority of people on here are great and love the hobby as much if not more than you or I.The only drawback is that it is so active ,you can't keep up with all the posts! :o Sometimes overwhelming but always a hoot. :) Looking forward to your posts. Good luck with the book,let us know when it gets published. H.H.-diggummup

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNetville, Natty. It's about time you found us! ;D

38 posts in one day? You're a keeper! ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've found...and more about the book you're writing.

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all of you, you're all very kind! I will let you all know about the book as it evolves into a finished product.

Hey Mona L, I have a PT lawn care biz, so work is slow til March..just odd jobbin' right now...between more time to post and being new here, I've been tryin to catch up with all of you!

Nat

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Nat - congrats on the book, I had considered that a few years ago, it grew and grew. I still have the draft copy, it never made it to a publisher, it's easy to write volumes on metal detecting.

Good Luck! How about posting a sample for us!

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
gredgd573
Just saw that you were from tje lake of the Ozarks.
Have you done much LEAD/SILVER propecting near Branson?
Here the strange part.
In the town of Galena MO. there is a hill not far from the County Court house-about 3 blocks to the West that is loaded with Galena ore. Right now it is a parking lot. The Galena ore there is running about 3 to 5 percent silver. You might want to check it out but bring a few buckets cause a bucket filled with this material will weigh close to 100 pounds.
Peg leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread