treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant get the link to work either. Just type in mill creek park youngstown ohio.

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hay

were all doomed
it's the dam conservatives
they don't want to give nothing away for nothing
back ground checks are coming to see if your stable enough to fill in your holes in order to own a detector
but we can fight back with I own and use a towel amendment

liftloop

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I cant get the link to work either. Just type in mill creek park youngstown ohio.

ok, doing a google search brings me to their site. And then once there, you can click on park rules and regulations. And once there you can click on their expanded list of rules. And once there, go down to page 12, and there it is: a specific "no metal detectors" rule.

http://www.millcreekmetroparks.org/Portals/16/PDFs/GENERAL RULES-REGULATIONS HANDBOOK.pdf

so it really doesn't matter what entity (city, county, state, etc...) that it is. And.... I guess we won't know *why* such a rule came about. It's listed under the "natural and cultural heritage" portion of their rules, so probably an archie thing. Whether they borrowed the wording from similar parks elsewhere, or whether an archie saw someone digging by a historic feature, or whether d/t people coming in and asking "can I?", we'll never know I guess.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for bringing up the link! Its just not right, to be told you cant detect a place ,when youve going there for years!!! Oh well,will to find some new places.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Metroparks suggests a county park, perhaps 1 county also managing the county parks in 1 or 2 other counties. At least I'm guessing you can still detect city-owned parks? Some are small, but maybe old & less obvious. We need to investigate if this National Parks Registry is or is not the same as the National Register of Historic Places. Around here, the archies are trying to steal, buy cheap, or otherwise control all the land within half a mile to a mile from major rivers, to turn it into Mississippi & Minnesota Rivers National Park. Best wishes, George (MN)

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the park today. No signs up yet,police went buy and I went detecting!!! I found a sterling silver rose pattern spoon,has a crown and a W in script writing. Also a 1917 buffalo in poor shape and a 2002 memorial cent. Another great day at Mill Creek Park!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread