Things are going better once asking to look on property.

deb55

Apr 11, 2013
Most people have been great about it. We only had one time it was a little weird. I have a fisher f2. Been at this for a month. I find newer coins, and lots of trash. I think I cleared out a whole field of trash. Phew! I move the discrimination to dime and quarter showing on monitor. Then my friend finds possibly a 1700 button. I went right over it. @&$);@&! !!!
Any pointers out their would be most helpful. I just can't afford a better detector right now. But I love it. There is a ton of history around me, lots of farm fields, which I may try next.

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a F2 also, And I love mine it will be awhile before I upgrade. digger27 has a thread on another forum about the F2. If you can find it. It will help you more than anything else.maybe pm him

OP
OP
deb55

deb55

Apr 11, 2013
Thanks rob, I feel frustrated right now. I keep trying to win new machines, but for now,I,need to,master this. Do I find digger on here?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You probably didn't find the button because of having the discrimination too high. Keep at it, some days are nothing but trash, and then other days are golden.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my wife an f2 and guess what....it really works well.I would only notch out iron and foil for awhile.thats two pushes on desc when you turn it on.dig everything for at least a month.what you learn will transfer to bout any machine.It is a frustrating hobby at times,thats why there isnt more folks into it and so many machines at yard sales etc.

hang tough...look upon it as training.Be determined.The good stuff will come to those who choose to earn it.good luck

Eric Wilson

Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I haven't used a fisher in a long time- late 80's but even then they were good solid deep machines. Really trashy areas are a pain in the bum but if the good stuff is there -1700's certainly qualifies- there is really only one way to hunt it. Cut your discrimination way down, or even off,grid an area off and detect it thoroughly, digging everything. Keep gridding and detecting until you've covered it all. It's the best way, otherwise you can discriminate out small coins-ie: half-dimes,trimes-, and jewelry. It will probably help you learn a lot about your machine too. There are little things that no one can really teach you like practice can. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread