Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
It depends on what your really looking for, personally I would start with the old fair grounds, sounds like a good spot for silver!!!

kenb

papa

Sep 21, 2006
In this crazy winter season,I would start with the closest one.Now ,you never know what kind of weather will surprise you.When the weather is just to bad to get out,do some research. That's just my point of view. ;D

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Kind of up to you, but they might all hold some really great finds. I personally like old houses, especially old farm houses. You usually get a nice assortment of relics and coins and other misc items. Good luck and hope you make some great finds.

99Brown

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
1. house
2. park
3. school
4. fairgrounds

but thats just me. good luck!

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
house first

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one of those is a great choice, out here in Mo. if we want relics/coins its old houses.... but if you want silver coins we research the old fairgrounds the best were from 1830-1870's 1850's-1910 or so many of those were forgotten about and are just fields or woods loaded with old coins.... congrats and may you have many good finds where ever you go..... hh jd

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all good choices and all sound promising, if it were me I would go this route..unless you know for sure that one of the places have never been hit before..unexplored/undetected ground wins every time....
1. house
2. school
3. fairgrounds
4. park

and all the while at each place I would be second guessing myself and wondering what was at the other places...:) Hit em all and hit em all hard...sounds like you got some great sites to hit and all 4 will give you places to go for a while....good luck and look forward to seeing what you get at each place.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confused now....lol????

For what it is worth....I'll throw my 2 cents in....personally I would go to the old house first, park 2nd....school 3rd...and then the fairgrounds.

I wish you all the luck and send a post with pictures to show what you found please.

T

TreasureTales

1) House - the variety of finds could be staggering, and it'll require the most work so hit it while you're fresh and eager
2) Fairgrounds - high possibility of silver
3) School - will undoubtedly find some clad, maybe even some gold and silver jewelry and charms
4) Park - finds will be few and far between, IMO

T

treasurejack

What day are we going? lol But seriously, schools, old fairgrounds, and old parks have usually been hunted to death. So for this reason I'd try the old house first!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many choices, so little time.
I agree with TreasureTales advice above.
Wish you luck.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would hit the old house first. Hopefully, it has never been hunted and should have a large number of relics and coins. The other I would hit in order of closeness to you house (I know not too scientific), but if you get tired or don't have a lot of time, you can hunt a bit here and there.

Hope it helps.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I would probably start with the house because that is the site you are most likely to lose for some unforseen reason. The park I would do last but I dont have very good luck at parks,though you can usually cleanup in the tot lots,Im more into the older coins. Overall I think Ive seen the most coin and jewlery finds come from schools and the older the better. The fairgrounds sound like a great spot too though depending upon age there will be a lot of trash. I like to rotate my sites never going back to the same one two trips in a row. It makes it more interesting for me. Also I dont like to hunt any site more than 2 or 3 hours I tend to lose focus. If however it was a long drive/hike into the site I suppose I would devote most of my day to the one place,HH...Shoot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions