AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM here's the GPS cords of a place that has TONS of GOLD!!!

N37 53.44806 W85 57.79056

P.S. Bring your biggest shovel, and be prepared to dig!!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only top of line tabs here and my caps are a beauty's brown rust color

Doc-USN(Ret)

Feb 24, 2013
Lexington, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AU, Haven't looked up the coordinates but my guess is Fort Knox, KY?

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
some fine post's here but im puzzled by the locations such as field of silver the old money pit ball field of gold etc etc cant find em on map can members please give coordinates please this would mean we could all find great banner finds.

im headed down to no-tellum creek to do some panning in awhile. come on down............

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5 decimal places, AU. I want a more precise location. (kidding) TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More accurate coords: N37.88319 W85.96527
Geocache site. Take something, leave something. Good access roads.
I did some of that geocaching a few years back. I found many sites not up to date so I moved on. Nice idea, though. TTC

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I'll bet anyone $20 that I can out hunt them at their favorite spot!

Several yrs ago on a trout fishing forum someone posted that they would bet $20 that they could out fish someone at their favorite spot. That stirred the pot. The guy didn't care about out fishing anyone .....he was trying to find where their best fishing spot was.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wainzoid...I get it....but I'll take ya up on that....my fav spot is a wishing well...how fast are you?...lol

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Wtf is utm

You must have missed "Navigation 101"?

UTM stands for Universal Transverse Mercator.
Most people who only use coordinates on a small scale will use Degrees, Minutes, Seconds as their coordinates system.
People who use coordinates on a regular basis will use UTM over land because it is a direct measure over land.

sandie1

Greenie
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People do not share their dig sites that they have found by good research etc. IT is frustrating to a novice but understandable I guesss. Find old houses and ask permission to hunt that place or old cellar holes in woods where there was a home. The beach where lots of people gather, old churches gathering sites, Lake beaches, Old fields and if owned by someone make sure you ask permission or you could get some buckshot in the butt.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
The U.S. Bullion Depository is located at...

UTM
41 93 141N
05 90 981E

If my "hit or miss" GPS said I was at...

41 93 141N
05 90 481E

Which way and at what distance would I need to go to get to the Depository!!??

Answer: Ghost Rider.. you're 500 meters due west of the Depository.. call the ball!

Would you like to try that using

• Degrees, minutes, seconds (DMS)
  • Decimal degrees (DDD)
  • Degrees, minutes, with decimal seconds (DMM)

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That can't be a 'serious question'... can it? basically, 'please post the good spots you worked hard to find so I can benefit by your work and take all the finds before you do.'

interesting!

and then the reply 'the Constitution is to make every man equal'.

I AM FOR THIS! We need to be EQUAL!... so.... here is what I need everyone to do... do this AS SOON as you finish reading this post! NO later!

#1. If you have a better detector than anyone here, please ship it to them, and let them know the time you spent on it so they can have EQUAL time swinging before shipping it back.
#2. Please do not just post your locations of the good hunting spots. Please also dig the treasure, as I work a lot, and can't get out as much as you to dig. Please divide it EQUALLY.
#3. If you do NOT have a good job or are wealthy, you need to find a second job so that you can pay my transportation to the good spots so we can have EQUAL time there.
#4. You may have a car with better gas mileage than mine. Please send me your miles-per-gallon so I can calculate the amout of money you owe me so to-and-from sites costs us the same and EQUAL.
#5. I need people in fair weather locations to stay in more and hunt less, because those of us in the snow belt can not get out as much as you, and that is not EQUAL time.
#6. If you have a job that allows you access to better locations than me, you need to either quit, to keep it EQUAL, or work part of mine so I can hunt your areas you have more often.
#7. Please send your IQ to me. You might be smarter than me and able to figure out complex detectors easier, so you will need to explain everything you know to me to keep our knowledge EQUAL.
#8. You will need to get in better shape through excercise or a diet. I work a lot and can't get out, so you have to hunt for both of us, without fatigue, so we can have EQUAL time at sites.
#9. If you are a Charter Member here, you need to buy my Charter membership, so we can be EQUAL here on the forums.
#10. Please send me the total time you spend researching hunt sites. I need you to either find more or better sites to keep the treasures EQUAL since you will be sharing them with everyone.

Thank you, and I think this will make metal detecting more EQUALLY enjoyable for everyone.

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM here's the GPS cords of a place that has TONS of GOLD!!!

N37 53.44806 W85 57.79056

P.S. Bring your biggest shovel, and be prepared to dig!!

Not looking up the Coords but if thats Ft. Knox...sorry the Gov. beat you too it....its empty ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread