I got PERMISSION

outdoorgirl

Nov 21, 2006
Eastern NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was bored last night and did some research on our area AGAIN ,and came up with some cool stuff. I headed out today to see what part of town it was in so I would be ready in the morning. I saw a women heading out of the very nice looking house and I said to myself, Self, why don't you ask. I did and she said YES! I was so shocked :o. The house was built in 1870. Hopefully I'll be able to pull some cool stuff out of the dirt!! WHOOHOOO

D

damz68

Hey, that is one of the advantages of being a female, who is going to say no to a nice looking girl? Good luck and let us know what you find.

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Who could say no to her ???

ODG, Would you go with me to get permission to hunt a old school ;D

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!! Good luck hunting that spot and hope you find all kinds of goodies..:)

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should be a great spot. Best of luck on your hunt.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you don't get if you don't ask!! Well done girl!! Now get out there and hit it hard!!!

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Good going. It just takes alittle nerve (of which I lack when asking). Hope it turns out to be productive for you. The timing of the woman leaving as you were going by was perfect. Good Luck.
Mike in NJ

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
If you're shy about knocking on doors and asking permission, then you might find it easier to ask when a house is having a garage sale. They'll be glad you're there for the garage sale and that alone will make it a lot easier. Ask how old the house is, did they ever search the yard with a metal detector, say you would love to try it. Give them your name and phone number to make them feel safer. Offer to share the findings. Dave

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tykit, garage sales, great idea to ask for permission. I'm not a yard saler, but might have to check out a few in the spring!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Outdoorgirl!!! Getting permission on my first house was was a big hurdle. I now have three old places to hunt, so that should keep me busy for awhile. Keep us posted on your finds.
Again, congrats.
-MM-

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great job OutdoorGirl. I remember how nervous I was to ask at my first house. I hope that sites keeps you digging for a long time. When you get a chance, please post some pics of your finds.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting permission means taking your time and enjoying your day without always looking over your shoulder ;)

Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

Nat

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natman said:
Getting permission means taking your time and enjoying your day without always looking over your shoulder ;)

Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

Nat

Well put Nat. It's a lot funner when you can MD w/out stress.
-MM-

T

treasurejack

Go girl, go! Let me know if you need any help! Sounds like a great location for some old coins and possibly some old jewelry! Let us know what you find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread